PDA

View Full Version : How's this for an excuse to cancel class?

inori
03-08-2002, 01:07 AM
Apparently, there was a small explosion in one of the buildings on campus at about 5:00 today. (No foul play is suspected...) But in any case, the building in question houses a lot of equipment that runs the campus's electricity. Power went down for the entire campus... and four hours later, it's still down. (I'm sure of this, because the school's web page and mail server aren't responding.)

One of the sections I teach is scheduled at 6:30. Without lights, class got cancelled... There are advantages to being the teacher and not the student. :D

me2
03-08-2002, 01:08 AM
THAT's why you asked me to teach your class... :D

Mogwai
03-08-2002, 01:12 AM
LMAO, ... i dont know why youd want to be a teacher but anyway :P , lol, i guess its good fortune that the Explosion Happend then...

Master Ghaleon
03-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Thats cool! What do you teach?

inori
03-08-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
Thats cool! What do you teach?

CS61a, computer science for freshmen. I'm just a TA; there's a professor who actually lectures. But I have two sections, and each one meets for lab once a week and discussion once a week, for an hour and a half each.

goKi
03-08-2002, 05:29 AM
thats cool, if the power went out at my school, it would still run though.

The Silent Assassin
03-08-2002, 05:51 AM
I wish I was disciplined enought to be a TA for a class. I would do it for WP 312 (Web Publishing) because I really enjoyed that class.

richeva
03-08-2002, 06:55 AM
I wish something exciting would happen at our school.
The last ting that happened was a snow day, about 4 years ago!!

inori
03-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Oh, good grief. It's still down... which means I got out of teaching my section today, too! :D

And TSA, if you think you'd like being a TA, then go for it. If it's something you want to do, you'll be able to handle it (remember you have a prof watching over you, so nothing can go disatrously wrong). It's also a great experience; as you can tell, I really like teaching.