PDA

View Full Version : Who's online trick doesn't work with VB

Zeo
03-07-2002, 10:01 PM
Can't hide from Whose online with the two window Approach..................Those of us who don't want followed need a new trick

leeer
03-07-2002, 10:07 PM
what would be a possible reason for not wanting to be followed?

DarkPanther
03-07-2002, 10:09 PM
You mean like "Invisible Mode"? :tongue: I think that just shows you as a guest but counts you as a member in the who's online count. Or it may not show you at all.

fatcatfan
03-07-2002, 10:15 PM
:eyebrow: :odd:

Have you considered using the "invisible" option in your user control panel? or maybe just not being signed in... disable cookies. You'll have to supply your password when posting, but... :shrug: don't really understand what you want to accompilsh anyway.

DarkPanther
03-07-2002, 10:21 PM
He's just tired of gettin' caught lookin' at those dirty AaD topics. I don't blame him. After so long, people start to talk you know...

cyberkitten
03-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by DarkPanther
I think that just shows you as a guest but counts you as a member in the who's online count. Or it may not show you at all.

actually, you don't show up at all when you're browsing or posting if you're set as invisible in your profile. you're not counted as a ghost, so you're sort of in limbo.

like now, at 10:20 pm EST, we have 42 active users, broken down into 32 members and 8 guests. but when you count the names of the users, only 29 names are listed. leaving us with three hiding members.