PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance

PrinceMSC
03-07-2002, 08:48 PM
Take a look at some of the screen shots. Click HERE (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,551907,00.html). I can't wait until this is released. It looks bad ass. Whatda you think?

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

DarkPanther
03-07-2002, 09:35 PM
I honestly hope it's a smash hit. I'd love for a fresh fighting game with some blood and gory finishes. I'm tired of this "K.O." stuff. I don't expect it to be as good a fighting engine as Tekken, but I am expecting something fairly original. MK was never designed for 3D and when they last attempted to do it, they failed miserably. I think they may just have a shot at it this time though. Seems they've bid their time well and hopefully made sure they know what they're doing now. Not the game I'm most anticipating right now, but I'm still pretty curious and impatiently awaiting it's release as well.

Warlock
03-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Dear god not another one! I'm still trying to figure out why exactly I even bought MK Trilogy :D

DarkPanther
03-07-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
I'm still trying to figure out why exactly I even bought MK Trilogy :D

HAHA! You did that TOO? *lmao* I picked it up for $15 a long time ago. I figured if nothing else I could show my kids some day what game started the whole violence in video games explosion into the media spotlight, along with the original Doom of course. Oh, and Night Trap. But yeah, then we could all laugh about it together and enjoy the violence of the day's games.

I should probably print out and shalack a copy of the moves and fatalities in case I can't find anywhere to look it up by then. *bwahaha*

Overlord
03-07-2002, 11:19 PM
You guys even seen the teaser movie for MK: DA?

Whilst the model for Scorpion looks a little bulky, it's as smooth as Soul Calibur, better than Tekken. The engine will be as good as any 3D fighter released today. You can d/l the trailer from the official site, or alternatively from mk5.org (http://www.mk5.org) Which seems to be down at the moment :rolleyes:

I'm expecting them to be tweaking the models for the characters up until release. Can't wait.

vegeta1215
03-07-2002, 11:28 PM
I'm still waiting for another Mortal Kombat that can compare to the original. When it hit the arcades, there was just nothing like it. My old boss at the arcade I worked at said out of all the MK games we owned, none did as well as the original.

MottZilla
03-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Ah yes. Hopefully it will be better than MK4. And I agree, none have topped the original Mortal Kombat. I need to track down a MK1 pcb somteime soon...

The Silent Assassin
03-08-2002, 04:05 AM
I personally thought the 2nd one was the best.

Overlord
03-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Well, this one can't compare, it's totally different, it's fully 3d. MK4 wasn't at all 3d, although it did have semi 3d effects.

This will have an awesome engine, as well as blood, bruising, wear and tear on clothing, and interactive stages. It's a new star to the series, and there is no way anyone can even say if it was better or worse than the original, It's just too different.

I don't think it can fail, they've taken their time with this baby, if you haven't seen the teaser video, I suggest you find it and take a look, you will be impressed with the fluidity if not the models ;)