PDA

View Full Version : aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!! # 2

Dogchew9
03-07-2002, 04:38 PM
I need to know two things : how do I make it so that I can get the new tiles in zc1.92 beta [build 104 ]? And how do I make waterfalls move like they do in Telir's Isle Of The Damned? tell me please!:angry: :angry:

AlphaDawg
03-07-2002, 05:10 PM
This type of question is best suited for ZC Quest Editor Help. Moving...

Dogchew9
03-07-2002, 05:13 PM

Immortal Warrior
03-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Well, which new tiles? There are sooo many different tiles out there. Thats a little to open a question....
And to make waterfalls move you need to use pallete cycling or animated combos, I'd suggest animated combos personally. You need to put the different frames in the animation in a line on the tile page, then set the combo as the first tile in the list. Set the frames value to however many different frames you want in your animation, and the speed to whatever you'd like, 10/12 I find works well for water.

EDIT: I'm afraid YOU cant move the post, Alphadawg allready has :)

Dogchew9
03-07-2002, 05:19 PM
I can't understand you and I am a novice so I do not know what you are talkin' 'bout say it so I can understand you. And I mean the tiles on the tile page 20.

JayeM
03-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Just go to the combo editor and make new combos using those tiles.

Deviance
03-07-2002, 06:38 PM
try combo animation

http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/zeldagamequest/zelda004.gif

Picture from doom of daylight

Immortal Warrior
03-07-2002, 07:17 PM
You have a big 2 x 3 tile white box in your quest with "Image hosted by Angelfire" in blue and red?
Hmmm... Interesting feature, but hardly appropriate to the ZC question :rolleyes:

Dogchew9
03-07-2002, 07:18 PM
What is combo animation and how do I get to it?:confuse2:

Deviance
03-07-2002, 08:50 PM
It come with the zelda 1.92 beta download it from zeldaclassic.com

GuitarmanTim
03-08-2002, 06:26 AM
Do yourself a favour and visit zeldaclassic.com and then click on the "official ZQ tutorial" button in the left menu. It handles almost everything you need to know (exept some complicated stuff like the new enemies rule and layers)

K-Teclis
03-09-2002, 05:24 AM
use combo animation at the combo editor.

Dogchew9
03-09-2002, 12:13 PM
How do I animate combos? I know where the combo etitor is. But what do I do there?:banghead:

C-Dawg
03-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Ok, none of the above posts was very newbie-friendly. So here goes.

ANIMATING YOUR TILES

First, go to Quest->Tiles. This brings you to a big ol' list of all the tiles in your Quest. Hit page up and page down to move around. Now, either rip, copy, or draw in the tiles you want your combo to animate through. Set them up in a straight line; first animation cell on the far left, next one to the right of that, and so on. If you run out of room on the far right side of the combo page, continue from the far left collumn of the next row down. Make sure it looks ok by using the arrow keys to flip through the tiles and watch the window on the bottom of the screen that shows you the currently selected tile.

Now, go back to your main editor window. On the right hand side of the screen is your combo page. Choose the place you want to put the animated combo. Right Click on it. This will bring up the Combo Editor menu. Click the picture of the currently selected tile (a red square by default) in the Combo Editor. This will bring you to your tile page again. Scroll around and find the animation sequence you made. Select the FIRST animation cell- that is, the one on the FAR LEFT of the sequence, and hit return.

Now, back in the Combo Editor, you'll see two words below the tile picture : One says "Frames" and the other says "Speed". Click next to Frames and enter a number equal to the number of animation cells you want your tile to flip though. (The number of cells you made back in the first step.) Under Speed, enter whatever value you want, keeping in mind that HIGHER numbers mean SLOWER speed. A value of 0 is way to fast for... well, virtually anything I've ever had to do except give the player a headache. A value of 8 is good for water effects... 20 is good for "people" animation.. and so on. Experiment.

Hope this helps more than some of the other posts did :D

-C