PDA

View Full Version : Could someone confirm this...

LordMagus
03-06-2002, 05:44 PM
I found these three "cheats" at cheatplanet.com :

Unlock Dragon Temple (From Fire Emblem)

To unlock the secret Dragon Temple game, play as either Marth or Roy. You must beat the All star mode on the hardest difficulty without
using a continue. (Or at least I didn't use one). Might work if u use a continue
This would actually be cool.

Unlock Sonic And Tails

To unlock sonic and tails, you must enter into multi man melee and choose cruel melee. pick your character and get ready to fight. Get a high score of 20 KO's and Sonic and tails will appear to challenge you at the SAME TIME. You must defeat them in order to use them. Good Luck. you'll need it.
:odd: This is most likely a rumor.

Get Koopa and Perin

To get Koopa beat adventure mode, classic, and allstar on very hard. ON the homerun contest hit on 1 char. 1300. Beat 10 man melee, 100 man melee, 3 min melee, 15 min melee, and kill a minimum of five guy on cruel melee. Do all 51 event matches, Do all break the targets and you must have mr game and watch to do this.

To get Perin beat adventure mode, classic mode, and allstar with koopa. Beat koopas break the targets and the home run contest. there may be more but im not sure

If someone could confirm these, that would be nice. I won't believe any of these until I have proof. (proof being your comfirmation :D)

Skatche
03-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Why not try it yourself? Worst case scenario is it won't work, and you'll have yourself a nice little challenge game.

LordMagus
03-06-2002, 06:14 PM
I would except that I wouldn't be able to beat very hard mode. I'm mainly asking those who have.

The Silent Assassin
03-06-2002, 06:42 PM
None of them are true.

itschris
03-06-2002, 06:44 PM
The Sonic and Tails one is definitely fake, it was confirmed to be an April Fool's joke in Electronic Gaming Monthly. The other ones are more than likely fake. It wouldn't make sense if they were true.

eastness21
03-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Too Bad it's not true, And too bad it's plozable enough to be able to trick anyone. I mean there's no reason why they wouldn't do that

They should have Mega Man too :mega:

Mak-X
03-06-2002, 07:29 PM
Get Koopa and Perin

To get Koopa beat adventure mode, classic, and allstar on very hard. ON the homerun contest hit on 1 char. 1300. Beat 10 man melee, 100 man melee, 3 min melee, 15 min melee, and kill a minimum of five guy on cruel melee. Do all 51 event matches, Do all break the targets and you must have mr game and watch to do this.

To get Perin beat adventure mode, classic mode, and allstar with koopa. Beat koopas break the targets and the home run contest. there may be more but im not sure

"Koopa" and "Purin" are Bowser and Jigglypuff's Japanese names. You can change them by turning on the Japanese language mode in the game.

The rumor is fake on how to get those characters, as you already have them.

Like TSA and others said, none of them are true.

Kairyu
03-07-2002, 03:55 PM
Actually, the proper spelling is "Purin". I keep Japanese mode on all the time because I prefer that little "Pu-liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!" wail when I get KO'd.

Dart Zaidyer
03-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Actually, the announcer has voice samples for Master Hand, GigaKoopa, and Fighting Wireframes. Plus, the game congratulates you if you beat something on Very Hard mode, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could at least unlock GigaBowser by beating everything on Very Hard. =)

VicViper
03-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Dart_Zader
Actually, the announcer has voice samples for Master Hand, GigaKoopa, and Fighting Wireframes. Plus, the game congratulates you if you beat something on Very Hard mode, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could at least unlock GigaBowser by beating everything on Very Hard. =)

If you can get GigaKoopa (which I doubt you can), it's not that way. I've beaten Classic, Adventure, and All Star mode on Very Hard and got nothing for it.

Mak-X
03-08-2002, 03:43 PM
Wait...voice samples such as "Vs. Giga Bowser!"? I don't you actually can play as Giga Bowser, fighting wireframes, and Master+Crazy Hands because they would make the game too unbalanced...They're probably added to Classic mode as a final boss at some point. There are secret things I've seen that no one has mentioned here yet so who knows?... Most of the stuff everybody is finding here is on the Smash Bros. website www.nintendo.co/jp/smash don't look if you don't want SPOILERS , including the secret "taunt" for Fox and Falco and Samus' grappling beam trick. And I'm sure they have the manual music trick and Zelda->Sheik.

Speaking of sounds, Dart Zader, you didn't happen to find the tune from the SSB(N64) stage Peach's Castle in the SSBM sound test did you? I thought I looked well and didn't find it, yet the tune from the old game is in SSBM(GCN) when you fight Luigi in Adventure...

Kairyu
03-09-2002, 10:22 AM
Try this for thought:

If Giga Bowser or Master Hand were playable:

What would happen if there were 2 of each in Giant mode and all of them picked up a Super Mushroom? Heck, they'd be unable to all stand on Final Destination-The Super Mushrooms might not even be neccessary! That's not likely... They're not playable.

And I do go to Gamefaqs sometimes, so I do know about the Fox/Falco taunt, and the Samus Grapple, and Roy/Marth's "Backside Sword Blazer/D. Slash", Samus weighing more than Gannondorf, "MeW2s' SEACRIT MOOV111111" (This is actually funny, altough pathetic.), the commotion caused by a certian &*#$ magazine and it's #$^& April Fool's day joke in the wrong month, Etc.

Mak-X
03-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Haha, I just got EGM's April issue. The screen shots of SSBM with Sonic and Tails are pretty good. Looking at the character select screen gave me a surprise for a second becaust it was all filled in. You can tell the screen shot of Sonic and Tails fighting Luigi and Yoshi are fake though because Sonic and Tails don't look quite right. The Font for "A Dream's Been Cast! Sonic & Tails Join the Melee!" doesn't look quite right either.

Reminds me of the time when EGM's April Fool's joke was getting all of the Bonds in Goldeneye. And then coincidentally a month later Rare released the code that gave you more characters.