PDA

View Full Version : a real nowhere man

Scarlet Dragon
03-05-2002, 12:24 AM
:newbie: Hi guys it's me a resident old man trying to play a young man's game...stil!!!! How's every one this fine day? Sarcasm, one of my strong points.

The snow here, all 5" of it doesn't stand a chance. It's supposed to be in the 50's and 60's the rest of the week with sunshine all aboot! Canadians, did you all see "the" South Park movie I loved it. I watched Swordfish tonight and played a round of Rogue Squadron on the 64. More Later.
SD
:whap:

Skatche
03-05-2002, 12:27 AM
I wonder how many people actually got the Beatles reference. ¬_¬

Anyway, just so you know - AGN is more for posting when there's important news, or something exciting happens, or you want opinions on stuff, as opposed to just describing the day's events (unless those events are particularly exciting).

Anyway, I concur - both the South Park movie (yes, I'm Canadian) and Swordfish were awesome movies.

sand
03-05-2002, 12:29 AM
:rolleyes: How can you be a newbie and a resident old man? Or maybe it does make sense. Huh? :cyclops:

Forget I even replied. I don't know why I did.

Starkist
03-05-2002, 12:29 AM
Of course I got the Beatles reference. :D

It's been rather warm during the day but exceedingly cold at night, which makes for either an overheated or underheated house. No snow here in the Pacific Northwest, at least not yet.

DarkDragoonX
03-05-2002, 12:32 AM
Have you been taking drugs, Scarlet? :eyebrow:

sand
03-05-2002, 12:34 AM
Sorry. I am bipolar and forgot to take my meds.
Sorry. I'll keep my mouth shut now!

Breaker
03-05-2002, 12:43 AM
I'm sure you're familiar with the Attention Deficit Disorder, commonly known as ADD? Perhaps you should visit http://www.add.org/ before posting again.

Scarlet Dragon
03-05-2002, 12:46 AM
:confuse2: no drugs today. And sorry I appeared to post something so mundane as coming out of a deep freezer. Seemed pretty exciting to me at the time.

About the Beatles; You were right one of my kids thinks they're all dead. He got a brief, if not rousing history of the Beetles this last weekend.
SD

Breaker you reference to ADD is bordering on "flaming" I have two children who suffer from this maladay and there's nothing funny about it!

SD

And the reference to old man was aboot my age! I am old!
SD

sand
03-05-2002, 03:01 AM
Yes, I am aware of ADD. But I do not have that as I stated above, I am bipolar bordering on Schizophrenia <sp?> My doctor is changing my meds around and I am a bit weird right now, but have no fear I am still doing great at my beta testing. 3 or 4 quests I am testing, in fact.

Scarlet, you say you are old. I'll bet I am older than you are. And I enjoy all the young people who are at AGN. I think they are a very smart and special. I know they don't want to hear all that, but that is how I feel and I have gotten along with every one here. They have not treated me any different because I am older.
I appreciate that.

Do we have a word limit? Seriously.

Anyway, I really do like all the people here. I have a lot of respect for them. I just hate that I am in a different generation. The quests they make are awesome!! :D

I think I need to be in the think tank!!!!

sand
03-05-2002, 03:14 AM
Scarlet, I forgot to ask if you have played many of the quests here.

There are some really good ones coming out. They are working the bugs out. Now, C-Dawg's is a different story. He says his will be a long time in the making. But if you can download what he has released so far I think you will like it.

I grew up more with the Rolling Stones. My daughter and I go to those concerts when they are close by. Usually in New Orleans.
I never really got into the Beatles.

I hope you will enjoy your time here as much as I have.

OMG!!!!! I just realized I double posted! I won't do it again.

Dragon Omega
03-05-2002, 04:47 AM
I DIDN'T SAY ALL OF THE BEETLES WERE DEAD!!!! :mischief:

Jemsee
03-05-2002, 08:00 AM
In here age means nothing. If you never told me I'd never know.
I do list my age in the bio. but how many people read that?
Your as young as you feel or as Cpt. Kirk said at the end of
Wrath of Khan "I feel YOUNG!"
So in here be young, be happy, play games, I can recomend the custom games.
Currently I,v got 6 loaded and am playing ChallangeFull, The Show, Unification, and a Demo by Phantom Menace. Someday I hope to make a game, have an idea for one, but want to get the editor down first.
And by the by, we had 3 in. of snow the other day but today it should get up to about 40.;)

and oh yah, I got the Beatles reference.
But is it no where or now here...that word always gets me.

AlexMax
03-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Scarlet, I welcome you to AGN.

Don't mind Breaker, he's like that to everyone.

And I still happen to like the Beatles, so you are among friends.

Scarlet Dragon
03-06-2002, 10:42 PM
:banghead: I just want to thank you AlexMax, Sand and Jemsee. Of all the people responding to my "threads" the three of you, besides my boys, have made me feel the most welcome here.

Sand-- check my profile and see my age I put my whole b-day there. I am also bipolar. When i referred to ADD I was talking more about the way Breaker had responded to my post the other day. According to the definition of flaming I was given he was bordering on it. And according to the main forum description of this forum it is a place to be allowed to get off topic and discuss anything.:lol:

Jemsee--thankyou as well.
AlexMax--you too.

I am looking foward to trying some of the games and such here, but right now I am typing pretty much one handed. I had a Bic lighter blow up in my hand and am waiting for he doctor to do a skin graft. :thumbsup:

Jemsee
03-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Ouch:uhoh:

That can't be good for you.
I broke a wrist bone In a Mt. climbing accident 2 years ago and doing things with one hand got real old real quick.
When do you get the graft done?
Hope it works out ok?

Scarlet Dragon
03-06-2002, 11:11 PM
SOON :clap:

Jemsee--A week from this Saturday. But I have been dealing with this hand thing for almost two months now and a Week from Saturday is not soon enough, but alas I am a Diabetic and everything takes longer to heal.

:thumbsup: SD

Breaker
03-07-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Scarlet Dragon
Breaker you reference to ADD is bordering on "flaming" I have two children who suffer from this maladay and there's nothing funny about it!

No, it's not flaming anybody, but I feel very empathetic for your children since you seem to have a problem with anybody but yourself having an opinion of their own. Also, who's joking? I would imagine that if you have two children suffering from ADD that you would at least know something of it. It's not uncommon for adults, especially if ADD runs in the family, to also suffer from it. From the way I read your first post, you seemed exceedingly overzealous.

obi
03-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Wow! A lot happen when revising goes on...
Hello Scarlet, I've been meaning to say hello for I while,
It is still nice to see that there are places that remain that ALL people can just relax and talk, I follow these simple rules - no lies, no muffs, just fun.
I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here at AGN. I sure have!:D

OBI:D