PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a game to buy!

AtmaWeapon
03-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, I've got more money than usual and I am pretty bored. I want to buy a new game to play. I would prefer an online multiplayer game, and one that doesn't have a monthly charge. I am looking for something like a First-persono shooter, too, because I don't have the time that a game like Starcraft takes. So, I have listed above some of the FPSs I have heard a good bit about, and you get to pick which one I buy! Feel free to post why your choice of game is the superior one, and if you choose other, please post which one you mean. Also, if there is a specific add-on or mod I should buy, let me know.

DarkDragoonX
03-03-2002, 06:37 PM
http://www.avernum.com/avernum/index.html

Best $25 you'll ever spend... until you play Avernum 2...

AlexMax
03-03-2002, 06:41 PM
Do a search on "NetHack" on Google, or look up NetHack on www.theunderdogs.org . Best free game you'll EVER play...EVER!

AtmaWeapon
03-03-2002, 06:44 PM
I've played NetHack, and it was great. I'm not really looking for an RPG-type game, though. I'd like a FPS or something really fast-paced and preferably multiplayer.

Orion
03-03-2002, 07:25 PM
Drakan for PS2. If you don't have a PS2, buy it for this game! Very old-school, very fun. Must buy.

ShyGuy0824
03-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Well, it depends mainly on how well your computer runs...If the computer is more than 3 years old, don't go for Medal of Honor, and instead go for Half-Life...

But if you have a relatively good computer, I'd probably want to buy Medal of Honor.

Dracula
03-03-2002, 08:35 PM
"Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" is definately the best of that whole bunch. If anything else, get Quake3 Arena.

mrz84
03-04-2002, 05:51 PM
get the original phantasy star online(not the sucky pay-to-play version 2:angry: ) for dreamcast. the DC dosent cost much anymore. if not PSO, then try something more on the lines of whatever everyone else recommend. this is the only online multi game i find worth playing at the moment. until GC goes online, its the only thing i find worth playing. :kawaii:

Dark Templar
03-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Yea my cousin bought Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, and it is one hell of a game!

But you probably need a nice computer to run it though. ;)

We were using a 1.8 Ghz. Pentium 4 with a 128 MB video card. :)

Mak-X
03-06-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by mrz84
get the original phantasy star online(not the sucky pay-to-play version 2:angry: ) for dreamcast. the DC dosent cost much anymore. if not PSO, then try something more on the lines of whatever everyone else recommend. this is the only online multi game i find worth playing at the moment. until GC goes online, its the only thing i find worth playing. :kawaii:

If you can find a new copy of the original Phantasy Star Online right? I've heard that once you play PSO on a Dreamcast, the Dreamcast records this and you can only play that disc online on that Dreamcast, so a used game wouldn't work.

mike5000
03-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Dude you gotta get Unreal Tournament, Its the best ONLINE MULTIPLAYER first shooter game there is!!!!!:D

AtmaWeapon
03-10-2002, 07:44 PM
I've been trying demos, and here's my reports on the ones I've tried:

Quake III Arena: Runs like magic in 1024x768. Fun, fast-paced. I downloaded team arena by accident, but it seems cool enough.

Unreal Tournament: Haven't tried yet; getting demo soon

Half-Life: Same as UT

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Despite the fact that I have a Pentium 4 1.4 Ghz, 256 MB RDRAM, and a 32MB GeForce2, I have to set it to 640x480 resolution, medium detail, and turn off some effects to get a decent (not good, but decent) framerate. Perhaps the store version is better, but that alone is enough to turn me off, even though the game is SO SO sweet.

Can anyone possibly help me with MoH:AA's configuration?

obi
03-11-2002, 01:34 PM
Three words - Medal of honour.
I rocks, get it.
Nuff said.
we have a 800mhz athlon, Geforce 2MX + 256MB ram. Runs fine.
:D
Q3 and UT are cool though.

AtmaWeapon
03-12-2002, 01:34 AM
Well, I hate to say it, but I went against the poll and bought Quake III Gold, which is just Q3 arena and team arena in one box. It r0x0rs. I mainly bought it because it was $10 cheaper than MoH:AA. I love the carnage. MoH:AA is probably going to be the next on my list.

bonegolem
03-13-2002, 01:30 PM
Get Alien vs Predator or Aliens vs Predator 2. Suhweet game.

CH@O$
03-15-2002, 09:22 AM
i can only suggest half-life