PDA

View Full Version : Escape from Hyrule Demo!

Qale
03-03-2002, 01:00 PM
I got a demo, I got a demo.

Escape from Hyrule is a in NEWFIRST style and it's ready for some light of day. The Demo is version 1.4 cuz it has 4 dungeons ready for action. While I'm probably going to catch some hell for this, the quest is for ZQ1.90 not the beta thingy.

So whaddya waiting for? Go download the demo and tell me how much you hate the fact the storyline is weak right now. (Like my first quest Fantasia I'll work on that more in the end.)

Let me know if there are any bugs or if you have any problems.
(One thing I know I'll need someone tell you is that you walk on lantern tiles to light them and actually walking on tiles does a lotta things in this quest.)

Okay, enough jibber jabber.

http://www.pixiesticks.org/zeldaclassic/escapehyrule.zip

Emaleth of Donn
03-03-2002, 01:25 PM
I'm downloading it now. Since I have been playing some 1.9 quests on the new beta, I don't see why I couldn't try yours out.

Qale
03-03-2002, 09:05 PM
There was a bug where after tripping secret combos in levels 2, 3 and 4 you could not walk on the spaces tripped. There was also the possibility of you not having enough keys in level 2.

So please redownload the demo if you would.

Qale

Emaleth of Donn
03-04-2002, 05:32 AM
Will do, I did run across L2 first by accident, took a bit to find L1. I did like the maze though, where you would usually bomb almost got me there :-)

Will re-download. Oh, also, hmm, going to the end of L1... you might have overdone it a bit with the bubble & wallmasters, maybe not though, lol, I was pretty tired when I was galavanting around in there. But when the bubble hits, you get jostled around and right into a wall master!

Other than that, so far so good :-)

Qale
03-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Bubbles and wallmasters together is a beautiful combo to assure players will have to be more careful. Hehe. I'll take another look at it though.

I don't think the quest is all that easy. I die many times in my own testings so maybe the entire thing is a bit rough. I know I'm actively trying to cut down on full heart containers which you've noticed I'm sure.

Thanks for playing and let me know if there is anything else you need me to take a look at.

(I did level 5 last night. Whoo hoo!)

Qale

Emaleth of Donn
03-04-2002, 07:45 PM
lol, well, I'm sure I'll do better next time, I think the first time I died I was so tired from downloading programs all day that I more or less just looked and said oh heck.. wallmasters! And I got snagged!

Qale
03-07-2002, 11:03 AM
Again there are problems with Level 2 in this demo.
It seems I've got issues with keys. It's possible to use your keys and not have enough to get through locked doors should you die and end up using the key earlier in the level.

Anyway, if you don't use all of your keys from level 1
considering the first locked door you come across is just
the compass -- or if you get a key in level 2 and don't use in on the first locked door you come across (which is easy if you don't die and return to the beginning) then everything is fine.

I finished level 6 last night so I'm very nearly done anyway.
(There is only 2 more levels to go and maybe 25% of the overworld left to do.) Beta testing for the whole thing can begin pretty soon.

Please accept my apollogies for a slightly imperfect Demo. :(

EDIT: The password for the demo level 4 is: 4
You can use this to give yourself the master key for a moment if you are caught without one for the time being.

Qale

Emaleth of Donn
03-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Oh ok, glad to know about the keys. And I hate having to use the cheat if I don't have to, just not as fun. But it is one of those things that like a hazard on your car, its nice to know its there if you ever need it!

And to me, a few bugs aren't going to kill me... well, maybe Link! lol