PDA

View Full Version : ZC Beta reporting policy?

Cronic
03-03-2002, 08:24 AM
Kratheous would like to run a beta reports update for AZC and we needs ta know what can and cannot be discussed. If anything I think it's time we informed them of the dual platform guns DN is packin ;) Or was that going to be a suprise for the next pub beta?

Either way I'm not really sure if policies have changed since the rebuild so I thought I'd make sure.

Dark Nation
03-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Well, War Lord is pushing me to release this as version 2. And soon. I say that if a feature proves to be fairly bug-free for 2 beta releases to you guys, that we can go ahead and announce it.

As for announcing the Windows port... It seems pretty stable at the moment. All but like 2 or 3 or the port-related bugs are gone now. Thoughts?

Cronic
03-03-2002, 09:54 AM
I say we do it... The only thing I could possibly ask out of ZC now is for less flipping in the Link sprites, and swords and such so that graphically things can be more independant, but even that is only cosmetic and good to o in the future, but as for now 1.92 has been drempt of long enough... actually how about we just hit em with 2.0? :) 2.0 was supposed to be the win port right?

Dark Nation
03-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
how about we just hit em with 2.0? :) 2.0 was supposed to be the win port right?

That's what War Lord said. :D

Cronic
03-03-2002, 10:22 AM
I think we should shoot for one month... April 1st :) I came in on April 1st of lkast year, and 1.90 came just after that so it's just under a years development time.

Dark Nation
03-03-2002, 10:39 AM
I *really* hate rushing. I've decided to take an "it's ready when it's ready" approach. Remember the problems with 1.90? April 1 would be great and all, but I am currently severely limited as to how much I can work on ZC. Basically only early in the mornings before work and on Saturdays before noon.

Cronic
03-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Oh that's cool. I guess I just assumed we were pretty close ;)

KJAZZ
03-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
Oh that's cool. I guess I just assumed we were pretty close ;)

It's never close enough. DN keeps on adding stuff to make it better. :D

JayeM
03-03-2002, 01:30 PM
DN, I think it's your baby and only you know when it's time to give birth. WarLord and the rest of us will wait till you're ready. I would rather you were satisfied with it before it's released as 2.0. You've done (and are still doing) a wonderful job and we all appreciate it muchly!

Wow, the ZQ screenshots are working now!

Kratheous
03-07-2002, 07:30 PM
(Sorry for bringing this back, but I'm still not sure, and I just now am getting around to the update... *mutters* Stupid homework.)

Originally posted by Dark Nation
As for announcing the Windows port... It seems pretty stable at the moment. All but like 2 or 3 or the port-related bugs are gone now. Thoughts?

So can I, or should I not announce it on AZC? This is one thing I defintately want to make sure I got right. ^_^

Originally posted by Dark Nation
I say that if a feature proves to be fairly bug-free for 2 beta releases to you guys, that we can go ahead and announce it.

Sounds good... Does anyone have a list of all new features that have been put in, and are still currently in (thus not counting Din's Fire, and the Lamp)? It'll make it much easier.

texasdex
03-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey, how about releasing it as 1.95?
I think it deserves a higher increase that just 0.02, you know. After all, 1.90 was six points higher, and it didn't add anywhere near as many features as this one does.

But I think 2.0 will be for when ZC runs as a part of windows, somewhat like the "screenshots" that Master Hacker released, just different platform. When it has windows-like scroll-bars and tabs, and the pull-down menus are a part of the windows box, instead of inside the window.
Just my thoughts...