PDA

View Full Version : About the ZC sav file..

Emaleth of Donn
02-27-2002, 06:08 AM
Apologies if this should go somewhere else, but I have a quick question.

Will be getting a new comp and was wondering instead of trying to move my whole collection (impossible without a cd writer though), would it be possible to keep my zelda.sav file, re-download 1.92, insert the sav file and continue with my quests as long as I have the correct versions of the quests I am currently playing?

Menokh
02-27-2002, 12:56 PM
That should work.
I can't think of any reason why you would have a problem with that, as long as you have the quests mentioned in the save file.

I hope your new comp has a cd burner.

Cyclone
02-27-2002, 03:45 PM
I would invest in some floppy disks and put your quest collection - and save file - on those. When you get the new compie, simply download 1.92 again and copy those files back into the directory (make sure it's the EXACT path, or you can't use the save file), and resume the process.

I have about 50 or so floppies lying around...dunno why...

Cyclone
[email protected]

Emaleth of Donn
02-28-2002, 06:00 AM
lol, you know, I didn't even think of doing that..sheesh. Have many floppies around.

I did make a zip though of the sav , dat & whatever else wasn't a qst file to try it out, would be interesting to know if it does work that way and also wrote down the 15 quests I have playing on it in the right order so I wouldn't forget, along with the correct file names themselves.

Thanks Fella's :-) I appreciate it!

And no, not getting a CD burner unfortunately, but for only $400 I am getting a 950mhz computer with 256mb of RAM, 64mb graphics, sound, LAN, 2 USB ports, 56k modem, Windows 98SE and MS office 97 with word, powerpoint, access, excel and outlook. Plus a 17" monitor. Will be a bit getting used to the monitor as the one I am using now is a measly 13".

Ohh, maybe I will be able to finally use ZCQuest! Cool...

EDIT: Ok,test subject... saving the sav, dat, etc files doesn't work. No matter though since I don't mind starting from the beginning! But at least for future reference it can be said that re-downloading and inserting the files doesn't work. And took a peek at ZC Quest and I can finally see the entire screen! So happy camper I am :-)

Raichu86
03-09-2002, 02:19 AM
If you have a SuperDisk drive that would make your life a lot easier. They have over 120 MB of storage. I take ZC and all its files from one computer to another. :D

theplustwo
03-09-2002, 10:43 PM
if your new computer has lan, you could consider investing in a lan card ($20) for your old one and then just drag your entire zc directory over to your new computers hard drive!! unless you got rid of your old computer or something, in which case it wont work (just kidding)

GuitarmanTim
03-10-2002, 06:50 AM
how about webspace? if you can find enough webspace you can upload your stuff (would probably take a while but could be worth it)