PDA

View Full Version : zeldaclassic.com

obi
02-26-2002, 02:38 PM
ah, yes, the link from ZC to here is down!
I think it needs fixing!

OBI :D

vegeta1215
02-26-2002, 03:26 PM
So does alot of stuff on that page. Dead links and old information here and there, not to mention how screwed up the page looks (table wise) in any browser lower than Netscape 4.78. (It really really needs fixing)

I'd offer to fix it all if I didn't have so much school work to do.

Xyvol
02-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Wait a minute, I used that exact link to get here from someone elses computer on Sunday. You sure is broken?

Leon S. Kennedy
04-08-2002, 10:07 AM
They need to get all the bugs out of the ZC page. . . . .

Cronic
04-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Aye, I've offered my services countless times, but if not me then someone needs to fix it... AZC Owns that site!

Syntax Error
04-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
not to mention how screwed up the page looks (table wise) in any browser lower than Netscape 4.78. (It really really needs fixing)

Well, anyone who uses a browser lower than Netscape version 4.78 has an inverted cranium if they haven't upgraded yet, and therefor should be shot.

Eww... Netscape.. you people need to convert to the Church of Slac-- er, Mozilla.

Zeo
04-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Why not replace the Zeldaclassic page with the AZC one?

And then just leave the quest database alone.

It would make life easier.

Toolie
04-08-2002, 01:15 PM
I could help...

War Lord
04-08-2002, 03:35 PM
We don't replace it with anything because I plan on updating it myself, at least design and initial content as soon as the new version release grows nearer.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-08-2002, 06:34 PM
That means when the page gets updated, we can all get really happy! Yesssss... Now we have a sign for when the greatness shall come! :kawaii:

NerdWarrior
04-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Syntax Error

Well, anyone who uses a browser lower than Netscape version 4.78 has an inverted cranium if they haven't upgraded yet, and therefor should be shot.

Eww... Netscape.. you people need to convert to the Church of Slac-- er, Mozilla.

If God had intended us to use Netscape 4.78 and higher, then he wouldn't have given us Netscape 3.

vegeta1215
04-08-2002, 08:36 PM
I meant to say, It looks really really aweful in Netscape 4.78, which I think should be used as a standard to judge regular features of a site when designing one, despite it being old.

Actually, One should test sites in a few browsers. I myself test things in Netscape 4.78, Opera, and IE. Generally if it looks good in the first two, I don't need to test it in IE, cause I know it will look good there. But, it doesn't work the other way around though (saying if it looks good in IE, it will look good everywhere else).

Example: My friend was coding a html page for a class in school, he put a line of code to print stuff right before the < BODY > tag. Following the rules of HTML, things before the body tag don't show up! But, low and behold, when he tested it, it did show up in IE. Bad IE, very bad. Anyone that knows even a little about html will tell you that's a big no no.

Netscape on the other hand was a good browser and displayed it how it was supposed to be displayed (which in this case of that line of code - not at all) Not until my friend cut and pasted the line to right after the < BODY > tag did it look good everywhere.

IE should interpret code as it's written, not how the writer meant to have it but didn't cause he/she goofed. Error correcting is no good unless you're told what's been corrected! How else are you supposed to develop good practice and learn how it really should be if there were no error checking, like in ALL browsers cept IE?

AlexMax
04-08-2002, 09:31 PM
The headings for news stories are also messed up in Opera 6.01. No carterage return.