PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys... Is this too tough for level one?

Cronic
02-25-2002, 10:51 AM
Just wondering what I should do in regards to brutally slaying your poor character ;) So needless to say feed back is welcom and this should take all of about fifteen minutes to play.

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/AFAD-01.jpg

This is basically a small expansion on the beta I gave out a few days ago. I've expanded what is available regarding level 1 a little, and have also hidden 1 full heart container, and four 1/4 containers within the available area to see if the extra hearts would be helpfull. It should be pretty solid.

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/AFAD-02.jpg

Good luck and happy hunting.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/AFAf.zip)

http://www.zelda-gaming.com/azc/uploads/AFAD-03.jpg

Deviance
02-25-2002, 10:59 AM
Do you want It backed Up On my site

DarkFlameWolf
02-25-2002, 11:10 AM
not too rough, just be sure to give enough bombs to get rid of it though.

Emaleth of Donn
02-25-2002, 11:32 AM
Is this your quest that you were working on last year? Cool, although not looking forward to those black darknuts if you put them in there..lol

*flexes fingers*

Cyclone
02-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Are you submitting it to the QDB?

(Yes, I have to update it...shush...)

Cyclone
[email protected]

sand
02-25-2002, 03:23 PM
:ooh: This is beautiful! I have just opened it so I haven't played much. I just got into the level, but I just had to say something now!

How much do you have made and when will we get the entire thing?

Too cool, DC!!!!:cool:

Shadow
02-26-2002, 08:07 PM
ok first of all im a new user but i wont bore you with all the details...

How come I have Zelda vr 1.90 but I can't run your quest?:confuse2:
Its relly making me mad. :mad:

millmill
02-26-2002, 08:18 PM
It won't run because DC's quest requires the beta 104 to run his quest. The file can be found in the Merry Christmas thread in the ZC Discussion Forum.

K-Teclis
02-28-2002, 09:49 AM
This quest is too cool to exist!

Xyvol
03-01-2002, 01:43 AM
I played the first version you put up, and I didn't think it was too tough, although it did take me forever and a hint from the readme to actualy get into Lv1. I'll have to try this one this weekend and compare.

C-Dawg
03-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Its my thinking that you should tone down level 1 not because it is hard, but because you want to give your game "somewhere to go". If you use up all the different enemy types right away, you cant really have progressivly harder enemies, and encounter different enemies in each location you go to... just my two cents.

-C

Arcayn
03-01-2002, 12:14 PM
C-Dawg speaks words of wisdom. (Now that's a change :P)

DarkFlameWolf
03-01-2002, 01:30 PM
yes, and that's why I have tons of Moblins in the first area of FoP before introducing Tektites, Leevers, Ghosts, etc. So I can make room to introduce other enemies when the time comes. :P

Cronic
03-16-2002, 12:00 AM
well as far as having somewhere to go... the quest is where it is... basically this is set up to be a cut throat intro to the quest. It will have a well ablanced system of highs and lows, and will contain fluctuating levels of difficulty as you go so it stays fresh and doesn't work like a simple set of stairs :p

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Arcayn
C-Dawg speaks words of wisdom. (Now that's a change :P)

In a forum that is likely not getting much attention this evening, I find this comment to be funny. And it's been here two weeks. Yet it's now causing me to laugh my socks off...oh, wait, I'm not wearing socks. :tongue:

And I forgot about this quest. :shrug:

Cyclone
[email protected]

C-Dawg
03-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Hey, I'm wise AND I'm funny. Hows that for talented?

Shadow
03-17-2002, 02:45 AM
Well C-dawg does speak words of wisdom(:laughing: )

Any way the toughness is not to hard as c-dawg said if you use up all the enemies on level 1,2,3 and so on you wont have to hard for 7,8,9. If I recall on 2nd and 3rd quest it has harder enemies but still has room for progressivly harder enemies. So I too speak words of wisdom:D :D

K-Teclis
03-17-2002, 06:42 AM
It is a bit too hard to be Level one... But it's very challenging and well designed!!

Yoshiman
03-18-2002, 05:24 PM
I'm downloading the quest now. The screenies look nice. It's at 86% and I'm gonna beat the demo!