PDA

View Full Version : Need some LTTP tiles...

Nick
02-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Has anyone got the carpet tiles in Hyrule castle and the floor tiles around them (LTTP incase you didn't read the subject)?

Also, has anyone got some beach tiles compatible with Orion's LTTP tileset? Palmtrees are optional. :)

And as if I'm not asking for enough, has anyone got a winter palatte for Orion's overworld tiles?

DarkFlameWolf
02-24-2002, 12:03 AM
hmmm, I know this is off topic, but this has to do with your sig pic of that outdoor-ish dungeon room. Those lights on the dungeon walls look out of place. Don't you think it would be weird to have torches on the walls lit or even there in broad daylight outside?

C-Dawg
02-24-2002, 01:53 AM
I think it's pretty wierd that there's a little elf with a magic sword that flies out of his hands when he's feeling really healthy.

plith
02-24-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Nick41472
And as if I'm not asking for enough, has anyone got a winter palatte for Orion's overworld tiles?

Gimme a short while so I can whip some up for ya ;).

C-Dawg
02-24-2002, 02:19 AM
Oh, Nick, yea I've got a full winter tileset for LttP. You have some of it in the copy of DoY that you have the password for....

plith
02-24-2002, 02:32 AM
Well either way, here (http://phantom5.netfirms.com/z3tilesetwinter.zip) is the tileset with the winter palette. I suppose palette isn't the right word, since all that's really on it is a new CSet. Palette F, CSet 2. It's in the quest format that was in the d/l, and keep in mind that the tileset's probably gonna change again by the next release, so you'd have to keep adding the CSet every time if you upgrade.

Menokh
02-24-2002, 02:41 AM
plith, the link's dead.
I'm interested in it too, so could you email it to: [email protected]

uforik
02-24-2002, 04:10 AM
Are these the carpet tiles you are speaking of?... the normal ones look o.k.... but I can't seem to get the light around the doorway correct. :(

http://www.metallicunderground.com/zelda/carpet.gif

These are actually the ones that Orion had in his beta set.

If someone could fix how it looks around that door, I would greatly appricate it.

Carpet Tiles (http://www.metallicunderground.com/zelda/carpet.til)

Immortal Warrior
02-24-2002, 07:54 AM
Do you mean the red carpet? I have 2 red carpet tiles, but they'll only work when you walk up them... You could flip them to make them horizontal, but they'd be off center.
It hardly worth me even mailing them to you, take a deep red tile, go from the left, draw a yellow vertical line, leave a line deep red, and draw a vertical pale red line. Now flip the tile, and join the 2 together.
I don't know if thats what your looking for :shrug:

plith
02-24-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
plith, the link's dead.
I'm interested in it too, so could you email it to: [email protected]

Problem is with netfirms, as it doesn't like files over 256K, and f2s doesn't allow .zip files at all. If this (http://wind.prohosting.com/dsforums/z3tilesetwinter.zip) doesn't work, I'll email it to you.

EDIT: Okay, it works.

Nick
02-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by uforik
Are these the carpet tiles you are speaking of?... the normal ones look o.k.... but I can't seem to get the light around the doorway correct. :(

http://www.metallicunderground.com/zelda/carpet.gif

These are actually the ones that Orion had in his beta set.

If someone could fix how it looks around that door, I would greatly appricate it.

Carpet Tiles (http://www.metallicunderground.com/zelda/carpet.til)

Actually, I need that too, but what I was talking about was the red carpets at Hyrule Castle then the tiled floor around it (with the diamond designs in it). I have a small substitute for it right now, but the edges don't line up.

Thank you, plith. That cset works perfectly. :)

plith
02-24-2002, 03:34 PM
Hmmm, this is making me think maybe I should release the .pal file from my additions to the r2 tileset.... yeah, I think I'll go do that now ;).

C-Dawg
02-24-2002, 04:27 PM
For future reference, Nick, making carpet tiles is easy as pie. And only takes five minutes!

TODAY'S RECIPIE - CARPET/BORDER TILES
-----------------------------------------------------
Do you often invite Link into your Dungeon for tea, only to realize at the last second that you have no carpet or floor borders on your pretty tiled floor? We dont want that perky little elf to see the tile grout, now do we? Heres how we get some cover on that floor.

INGREDIANTS : Zelda Classic Tile Editor
"C" hotkey - Copies current tile to clipboard
"V" hotkey - pastes current clipboard to screen
"O" hotkey - overlays clipboard to screen
"R" hotkey - Rotate current tile

First, preheat your ZeldaClassic to your quest. Then go to Quest-Tiles and look around for the tile you're using for the floor pattern. Select it with the mouse, then press "C". Now go down to a page in your tile editor that you're using for custom tiles; paste the floor tile there. Now copy and paste the floor tile 1 more times, so it makes a little 4x4 square of your floor. We're gonna put carpet or bordering on top of this square, so the edges will line up perfectly.

Next, we need to make our border/carpet. You can either open someone else's border or make your own; design whatever you like. Heres the key, though : WHEREVER YOU WANT THE FLOOR TO SHOW THROUGH, PAINT ON THE "x" COLOR. What border/carpet tiles do you need to draw? Really only three.

(1) -------
|
| xx
|
You need a corner like this. Put the "x" color in the middle.

(2)
--------
xxx
You need a straight piece, with "x" color on one side of it.

(3) -------
|
xx |
|
You need a corner just like the one before, but with "x"s on the outside of the corner.

While mixing these new tiles, you have really only one thing to be careful about- be SURE THAT THEY LINE UP CORRECTLY. That is, no matter which way you combine them, they should line up.

Now, what we need to do is simple. Just rotate the tiles around as you need them, and use the "C" Copy and "O" overlay keys to draw this sort of pattern on our 4x4 square.

EDIT - Well, this looks like crap. Thank you AGN text editor.

----------------------------------
| |
| |
| ---------- |
| | | |
| | | |
| ---------- |
| |
-----------------------------------

These 16 tiles should be all you need to make a serviceable carpet or border!

----------------------

POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS :

Sometimes you might want a more elaborate scheme. Maybe you want the border to have segments with straight edges on both sides of one tile, or corners on two sides of the tile. Or more. Using these techniques, that wont be too hard to do- just use the copy/overlay thing again to make more.

Another complication is if your border/carpet is itself nonsymmetrical. This happens if you're making, for instance, a little wall; you cant just rotate it or it'll look bad. Here, obviously, you've just gotta retouch or redraw the tile to make it fit. (You didnt think you'd get away without any drawing at all, did ya?)

I hope newbies everywhere enjoyed this explaination of ZC's simpler features; when you see the look in Link's eyes when he beholds your fabulous carpet, it will make you so happy you wont even notice him being torn to pieces by ravenous manhandalas.

-C

K-Teclis
02-25-2002, 08:23 AM
is the winter file a pallette or zgp file??

plith
02-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Neither, I left it as oz3t.qst.

DemoQuestFan
04-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
.....it will make you so happy you wont even notice him being torn to pieces by ravenous manhandalas.

-C

:laughing: :lol: :lmao:

Orion
04-12-2002, 11:35 PM
Woah, what's this buisness doing back up here? You better have a damn good reason for digging this one up...

if not... :angry:

C-Dawg
04-13-2002, 02:15 AM
Hey, back off Orion. He's just admiring the fantastic wit I used to have, back in the day :D

-C

Orion
04-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Nontheless, you are not allowed to bring up topics "from the dead" if you will unless you have something else to add that is useful to the current time. The same rule that applies in GD applies here. Topic Closed.