PDA

View Full Version : Ok...need help with ZC. not a bug, just computer help

Dechipher
02-06-2002, 05:35 PM
There may already be a topic about this, and I may sound like a newb, but I don't have time to search the boards for a post like this, so I'm asking:
I have Win95. I open ZQuest, it's 3 different screens. I knmow I need Cwspdior whatever. I have it. What do I do to get ZC to work?

Menokh
02-06-2002, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand your problem. Lets see.
Right click on the ZQuest.exe file, go to properties, and on the command line put -modex at the end. Same thing for Zelda.exe

I think that may solve the problem.

Dechipher
02-06-2002, 06:03 PM
Sorry. Didn't help. Ok. My problem is that When I load ZC or Zquest, it has three screens(the Zquest editing screen, instead of one there are three.) I know it has something to do with cwsdpmi or whatever. I have Cwsdpmi in my ZC folder.
here:
My ZC folder is C:\ZC192Beta
in it is:
1st.qst
2nd.qst
3rd.qst
ag.cfg
agsetup.exe
csdpmi4b.mft
csdpmi4b.ver
cwsdpmi.doc
cwsdmi.exe
cwsdpr0.exe
cwsparam.doc
cwsparam.exe
orionz3t.zip
orionz3tiles2.zgp
zelda.dat
zelda.exe
zelda.sav
zgp.dat
zquest.exe
zquest.txt

Teilyr
02-06-2002, 06:21 PM
:odd: 3 screens open when you open zc/q? wth? Furthermore, why do you need cwsdpmi? All versions of zc/q run fine on my 98 box, with no extra stuff.

Be more thorough in your explaination, mate..

Dechipher
02-06-2002, 06:25 PM
Im going to get a custom title before i get some answers
I have Windows 95, ok? I try to run ZC (or ZQuest.) When I load it,I get a really messed up screen. There are three screens for ZC. It's hard to explain, but its messing up.

Teilyr
02-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Dechipher
Im going to get a custom title before i get some answers
I have Windows 95, ok? I try to run ZC (or ZQuest.) When I load it,I get a really messed up screen. There are three screens for ZC. It's hard to explain, but its messing up.
I can't help you. 95 beyond my comprehension, and without a clearer explanation, I haven't the foggiest idea what your troubles are.

Immortal Warrior
02-06-2002, 06:34 PM
Have you by any chance got the screen divided roughly in 2, then the left screen totally screwed and a mouse pointer that seems to clone itself?
Have you by any chance installed anything to make your graphics card Open GL compatible?
Thats what happened to my ZC when I installed a setup file from ONI.
If so, uninstall the graphics patch

Dechipher
02-07-2002, 06:00 PM
um...I haven't...I don't think that anyone else has either. Do you have any other suggestions?

bigjoe
03-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Im pretty sure you wont have this problem in the windows release. I could help you if you talked to me on AIM