PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Journey ... IS HERE!! Download it now!!

pLeitorian
10-15-2000, 01:19 AM
Mod. Edit: this is a topic from October, 2000. Check the dates. Please take that into account before commenting on this being a new quest. Also, the links don't work.

-----

"The Longest Journey" is here. This is yet another account of Link's early battles against Gannon. Find the 8 triforce segments with help from the underground Resistance movement. Then head to Death Mountain for a final showdown with Gannon and his fiercest minions.

New version of the Lost Hills, and also a region called the Lost Lake (don't worry, it does NOT feature 8 million raft branches you have to guess). Easy areas, moderate areas, sick demented areas, something for everyone. I hope it pleases.

Without furthur adieu...!!

Download: http://www.geocities.com/pleitorian/zeldaclassic.html (http://www.geocities.com/pleitorian/plunder/zeldaclassic.html)

=======
notes

no, it's not BS Zelda, so if you hate the classic gfx, don't flame me over it. The sequel will be BS Zelda, unless I get so much feedback saying NOT to use that, then I won't.

No secret arrow tiles, but everything else is fair game.

[This message has been edited by pLeitorian (edited 10-15-2000).]

pLeitorian
10-15-2000, 01:57 PM
Oh btw

Feedback is appreciated. There's an email in the Readme and I added a topic to the other board. Kind of stinks that no one is around right now...

pLeitorian
10-15-2000, 11:37 PM
Forgot some info

This quest is 100% Complete and should be Bug Free!! Haven't seen any comments yet, so I thought I'd point this out. I know there's a lot of half-done quests out there. This is the first, last, etc etc release. http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

vegeta1215
10-16-2000, 08:29 AM
Sounds like a good quest! I'll have to play it once I get all my school work out of the way.

Bug free quest...sounds too good to be true http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't forget to buckle when you fall beneath the pressure of the seconds when your life became a screamer" ~Good Charlotte

pLeitorian
10-16-2000, 12:09 PM
I'm not kidding... I went through it screen by screen, played it without cheats 3 times over. I literally had dozens of pages of notes as I painstakingly fixed everything... tile by excruciating tile. http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

The only "bugs" are general Zelda Classic bugs... like being on the ladder over water, getting hit and being bumped to other tiles... or whistling out of a fairy with life filling and getting a bad sound to play constantly. I can't control that, but there are no DESIGN bugs, how's that http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

If something behaves odd or different, 999 of 1000 times I'll bet you I meant it that way, as a secret/surprise. For example there are caves you open "indirectly" from other screens... totally INTENTIONAL! http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

vegeta1215
10-16-2000, 12:37 PM
How would you open caves from another screen? The only thing I can think of that would do that is the 3 stariway warps. After you go through one, the others appear...is that how you did it?

BTW, I'm gonna start playing your quest, I'll have feedback up soon http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/biggrin.gif

------------------
"Don't forget to buckle when you fall beneath the pressure of the seconds when your life became a screamer" ~Good Charlotte

pLeitorian
10-16-2000, 05:53 PM
Yeah. I'm not giving much away, because one of the guys in the game will tell you about this phenomenon while you're in the "Southwest" (second) Overworld.

vegeta1215
10-17-2000, 09:55 AM
Hey! Like your quest so far. I found level 2 and 3 before finding level 1, but that's ok. I don't go up at the beginning like most normal people.

I liked that cave you have leading to the sword and I did like level 1. It was pretty challenging for a first level. I don't know about the room with the 4 moldorms, but the rest is great. I ran outta bombs though and need some more to beat the dodongo.

But do you think you'll make it so you can hit space and see the overworld map? From exploring a little it looks like it would really help. Besides, this is "The Longest Journey", you should help us out a litte...

Well I'm gonna keep playing, looks promising!

------------------

pLeitorian
10-17-2000, 12:19 PM
There's a definite **reason** there's no overhead map http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/wink.gif

I figured people would have grabbed bombs in a shop before level 1, so I only left the one bomb room in the level (and if you saw the Zquest map editor, there's nowhere to put more rooms off level 1 anyway!). Good to know for next time http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

Glad you liked the first cave. Level 1 is much easier with the wooden boomerang... did you find it (not the one for sale) ?

I'm not sure about the rules, maybe we should continue this in the ZC Discussion thread (I set one up for Longest Journey over there). I don't want to get this moved and closed for being off topic - as it still
has the quest announcement!!)

[This message has been edited by pLeitorian (edited 10-17-2000).]

vegeta1215
10-17-2000, 03:44 PM
No, I haven't found the boomerang, but I think I know which room it is in http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/biggrin.gif

------------------

pLeitorian
10-17-2000, 05:21 PM
It's not in level 1 ... http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

vegeta1215
10-17-2000, 06:12 PM
Nope, I haven't found much of anything.

Having to fight tons of dodongo's in the 2nd and 3rd dungeons is really a pain. It's beginning not to be as fun as I thought.

We'll see. I really outta stop playing people's quests and start making one of my own...I think I'll do that!

------------------

pLeitorian
10-18-2000, 12:41 PM
There's just 3 dodongos in #2 and one with the Aquamentus in #3 that I can think of -- I'd hardly call that a lot. You just have to get the bomb timing down right. bomb, pause, bomb, pause, stab. 2 in, 4 back.

Every level in 'Longest Journey' starts off with a slightly different version of the previous boss you have to fight.

If you aren't liking this one, you must really hate AlphaDawg's ... I can win mine, but I get creamed in his, and there's no special secret I use in mine to win.

if level 3 is driving you crazy here's a hint: go straight up. The power bracelet is in the top room (you'll need it to get the white sword)... kill the 6 pols voice by using the doorway as shelter. I've done it with the wooden sword many times. You just have to get there with full life to make it easy. If you're stuck, the letter is in that no-level-number dungeon out in the east woods. With potions and the new sword, you should cruise through L3.

If you can work your way past L7 and to the Southwest, you'll see some cool stuff, so hang in there http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

vegeta1215
10-18-2000, 04:51 PM
Actually, Alpha Dawg's 3rd quest is my favorite quest from the forums! It took me about 92 tries to beat it, but it got me hooked.

I didn't really wanna criticize your quest or anything, sorry if that's how I sounded. I think I'm just getting tired of quests in general. Between playing them and debugging like 3 in development, it's really drained me.

Hopefully if I take a break from playing ZC for a while, I'll come back and finish yours. Cause I really wanna beat it since you worked so hard on it http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

------------------
"On the eastcoast we ride, until the day we die" ~Good Charlotte

[This message has been edited by vegeta1215 (edited 10-18-2000).]

pLeitorian
10-18-2000, 06:28 PM
Yeah, it sucks that I spent so much time making it good when a bunch of people released things way ahead of time that had major bugs.

Since you're on hiatus, I hope you get some of your team to take up the cause. The quest WAS meant to be a huge challenge, but also beatable by anybody who is persistent and employs good strategy (and maybe a little luck).

nastytang
10-19-2000, 01:54 PM
Hey pleitorian i played your quest some !!!
found sword and wooden boomerang and found levels 1,2,3, got to work some long hours for the next 13 days yrs two weeks it takes me about a 1 1/2 hours to get to and that to get home so i`ll not be on the computer till about the first of nov. but the play time !!!
i`ll play play play it looks like it will be a good long game i like that and i like the frist cave too!!!

------------------
NASTYTANG: TANGS THAT DERAMS ARE MADE OF!!

pLeitorian
10-20-2000, 06:02 PM
ALERT -- TO PLAYERS OF LONGEST JOURNEY

I have to upload it, but I have an update to Longest Journey. There was a small bug on the overworld map, but the worse problem was that you couldn't get the red ring in level 9 (don't worry, I doube anybody has had enough time to get there yet).

You can download the new version as of 12 Noon EST on 10/21 (Saturday -- tomorrow). Don't worry, you won't lose your progress!!
(and if you want a real challenge, play the one where you can't get the red ring... heheh)

I feel like such a heel announcing bug free and having this happen, but I found it playing the quest through again, and you'd all be really mad about the lack of a red ring... especially once you see level 9!! http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

pLeitorian
10-20-2000, 10:11 PM
Check that

The new version is up. http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

pLeitorian
10-28-2000, 01:42 PM
Hey... long time no comments... I was wondering how people are enjoying the quest or if they're still playing it http://forums.armageddongames.com/html/smile.gif

Happyman
07-20-2002, 12:16 PM
Geez!!!!!

You revived TWO topics that were two years old!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Happyman
07-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I hope you know that PLeitorian's last post was in February 2001. Did you think you would get a response???

Samson007
07-20-2002, 02:33 PM
wow he triple posted 2 times. That is EVIL!

ZeldaLord
07-20-2002, 02:55 PM
That's a double-triple-post. :laughing:

Don't mean to rent-a-mod, but Link is an annoying member, he thinks he can do anything he wants, it's time he learned, perhaps a ban?

AlphaDawg
07-20-2002, 03:20 PM
I think you mean pLeitorian double triple-posted... over a year and a half ago! Check the dates on these posts you complain about, people!

Cyclone
07-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Oh my. Topped topics. Amazing.

I've seen the journey.qst before. I think I know what the quest is. However, I would have to confirm. At present, I will not be updating the links; if I do, it will be once the correct quest is found.

And there are so many smilies in this topic that it's not funny...

Cyclone

K-Teclis
07-21-2002, 06:07 AM
Why the hell does Link reply to a one year old topic??

ZeldaLord
07-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Because he's an idiot. It's not the only thing he's done, either, he claims to have access to things only DN has.

Cronic
07-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Link, don't worry you'll get the hang of the boards, and Zeldalord consider this your first warning for flaming, and know that I'll have my eye on you from here on.

And you will not be warned again about playing the rent a mod here :|

Got it?

fajz
07-22-2002, 08:21 AM
pLeitorian,
I can't download your quest. Every time I try I get the message that I can't download from boardarmageddon.com. Am I doing something wrong? I do want to try your quest.

FZ

Foxx
07-24-2002, 03:43 AM
I am afraid (as noted by Cyclone at the top of this post) that both pLeitorian and his quest are long gone. However, it may be possible to e-mail him, or he may randomly show up again and we can demand his quest. They sometimes do pop up after an eternal hiatus.

Zelda_Warrior
07-24-2002, 10:06 AM
I can't beleive someone could actually go back that far and revive a topic 2 years old . Shouldn't all the old one be frozzen so no one can revive them and annoy people. And what's rent a mod I know it's bad but just wondering.

Dark_Xero
07-27-2002, 10:55 AM
it doesn't matter. Most people don't mind if it's maybe a month or two, but two years??!?!?! Well just try not to do it again

pLeitorian
01-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Many apologies if reviving this is not OK. However, I have had PM questions about it, and wanted to assure people that I am in fact still around (well, sort of - I offer no official guarantee of support). Believe me, I'd much rather revive one of my better quests - like AoL, which almost won QoTM once, or Proving Grounds).

Because someone asked above, all my quests, as always, are at:
http://www.geocities.com/pleitorian/plunder/zeldaclassic.html

I suppose I should check in at ZC central and see if anything came out after 1.92 (the latest version I have), eh? Would be pretty embarassing if that's way out of date. :)

Sorry about the triple post upthread. Nobody ever said anything to me back then. In fact, I think at that time you were allowed to bump your quest every month or so for a while. Maybe not, it's been a long time, I can't remember what I had for breakfast, let alone what I was thinking 1999. :-)

timewarp44
01-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Well, I for one am glad this thread is here. Old or not. I don't see the diference. If nothing else... maybe stuff already asked wont' have to be revived and relived.

Anyway, loving the game pL. I'm up to L4 and loving how this game kind of slows you down. No rushing through. You have to hunt ya know? Therefore... no hair loss yet...lol. Just moseying along....

No questions... (yet!).... just wanted to say hi to everyone and give props for the game.

Update: I was having a hard time finding the letter, but thanks to the thread (I did a search) I found a clue and got through 4. Now since then, I have been wandering trying to figure out how to get to 5. I found all the others with little effort. This one is a bugger though! I assume from hints I'll need the item I found in 4. And so that's what I've been playing with. Only no luck. And I've been through all the screens... (I've been making an overworld map). Most of the screens I still can't get to are ones you need a raft. I assume I will be getting that in 5? Anyway... need help in getting to L5 if someone would please?

pLeitorian
01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
There is a hint in the Overworld: "Level 5 can only be accessed through indirect means."

The best way - I've found - is from the Level 3 entrance, although it doesn't always work.

The real answer is that (spoiler):

xtxhxexwxhxixsxtxlxexwxaxrxpxsxfxoxrxlxexvxexlxsxf xoxuxrxaxnxdxfxixvxexaxrxexsxwxixtxcxhxexdxoxnxpxu xrxpxoxsxex.xSxoxwxhxexnxyxoxuxwxixnxfxoxuxrxyxoxu xkxexexpxbxlxoxwxixnxgxtxhxexwxhxixsxtxlxextxoxgxe xtxtxoxfxixvxex-x-xwxhxixcxhxixsxtxhxexoxnxextxhxaxtxixsxaxcxrxoxsxs xaxpxoxnxdxixnxtxhxexSxExtxhxaxtxixsxtxwxoxwxixdxe xaxnxdxcxaxnxnxoxtxbxexcxrxoxsxsxexdxixnxaxnxyxoxt xhxexrxwxaxyx.

(Put in notepad and eliminate x's with a Replace command to see the above text)

timewarp44
01-04-2005, 09:59 PM
You know what sucks? ---- I thought of that... and then got sidetracked before I tested it. Thus, I had totally forgotten until you said something. Man that bites! lol I mean, thank you for the directions... I really appreciate it. It would have just been nice to have remembered to try that. I could have had the satisfaction of getting through a question/puzzle/thing to figure.... without help! Urggggg! lololol

Thanks pL. :) I'm off to L5!!! Yaeee!

Update: URGGGGGGG!!!!!

Okay pL. I had to have missed something. Say, the ring? Because there is NO way I'm getting through L5 without it!! If I am suppose to. I might as well quit now! lol

Here is what I have... can you give me a heads up on whether I missed something and hints to get it? WSword, 1st boomerrang, 1st candle, arrow only (no bow), flute and bracelet, reg bombs. Ummm I think I have like 10 or 11 hearts. And doing 5. I haven't found ANY goodies yet in five. Lots of rooms with blocks to push... they just don't push for anything.. yet... I'm trying to work my way across the top of 5 right now. Actually, I've already gotten the heart and triforce from 5. Seems in this game... the goodies are a LOT harder to get than the triforce! lol

If I didn't miss the ring and I'm suppose to get through 5 w/o it... ohhh too hard for me man. I'm tired of starting all the time for hearts before I go back once I get killed. And now that I know the route I have to go... and know that those particular bad guys return each time even if I just sneak out for hearts... well... screw that! lolol Too dang hard! lolol Just too much going on in those rooms. The things themselves.. mayyyyybe... but those corners fireball throwers to boot! Dang man! You must be a mean player to be able to do that w/out a ring and so few hearts.

So... PLEEEEEASE tell me I can go back somewhere and get the ring. PLEASE tell me I did not just play half a game and will now have to cede not being good enough! lolol

pLeitorian
01-05-2005, 01:44 AM
The good news is that finishing Level 5 is one of the hardest fights in the game and if you got the Triforce from it, without the Blue Ring? That's pretty darn impressive. I am not sure I could do it the way you have done it, and I made the quest!! Anyway it sounds like you have already done the hardest part, if you did that without buying any keys!!

Are you trying to go left after the Darknuts due north of start over and over? If you completed L5 I don't think you need to do that any more, unless you missed a key. It's meant to only be done ONCE! Because it is very, very hard. And expensive.

You do have to play SOME of Level 5 without the Blue Ring, but once you find the Raft, you can quit Level 5 for a while and move on to another dungeon which has a Heart Container, the Blue Ring, and the Magic Sword. This is a VERY well hidden mini dungeon in the Overworld. The Bow is in Level 5 as well, and is one of the hardest items to find if you miss it. It is 2N, 2E of the entrance. The raft is in the room where the "eye" is located. The path to get there: N, N, N, N, E (note you can just walk BY the darknuts without killing any!), E, E, S, W, Take Stairs (you need to have full health to kill the Zols -- this may be what is confusing you), S, E. And if instead of taking the stairs you go south, you find the Bow. There is also a Magic Boomerang... somewhere, but you can find it in a later dungeon as well (I think - fuzzy memories remember?).

Other than that I don't know what to say. That is the EASIER path at the Darknut room in Level 5 and if you got to the end, you have gone that way before... I would not be mean enough to make you kill those while you are still ringless more than once or twice!!

Your item list looks complete so far, except for L5. L1 is the Arrow, L2 is only the Candle, L3 is only the Bracelet and L4 is only the whistle.

Glad you found the heart in Lvl 5. That was sneaky of me, wasn't it? :-)

Anyway: follow my directions, get the raft. Bring a red potion: first use for the Lanmolas, it is the ONLY room that should give you much trouble. Second use if needed is to kill the Zols in the room with the stairs to the top.

Once you have the raft, you will need to find the secret dungeon, where you will pick up the Ring and Sword (the 12th heart is there, in the northwest corner). These will make your job IMMENSELY easier. Don't give up, you are so close to where the quest becomes... huge!

Post again if you want a better hint. There is no overhead map in TLJ -- this is because of the way the Overworld secrets work (you'd see the missing screens), plus I thought it would be cool to force people to draw maps and really think about the quest. PS: when you find the huge 8x8 cave and go through it and ultimately reach the 2nd overworld, go one or two screens east, push the rock, and use the three stair warp provided. You will thank me... a lot. It is exactly like the path you found behind Level 9 in AoL. Like I said above, I do not delight in making people do hard things over and over again. They do them once, they accomplish them, and then they are -- generally speaking -- rewarded. As long as they did them right, that is. :)

Anyway, to help you find that dungeon -- I am pretty sure that, except for Death Mountain, which is in the northwest region (yes this game has a mazelike Death Mountain cave system too, but a more primitive one, and it's in Dungeon form) you can walk/raft/3stairwarp/etc to every screen in the First Overworld, as long as you have the proper items. The second overworld has some subterranean caves connecting different points, but you still need to finish L6 (and optionally L7) before attempting that.

Anyway: find the raft, draw a map, and you will be all set!

ETA: Find level 5 map here (http://www.geocities.com/pleitorian/plunder/level5.html)

timewarp44
01-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, due to your excellent help! lol... I've all but finished 5. I still need to get the boomerang though. Thanks for the map. I was thinking another room.

I've been wandering trying out my new raft. All those places I came across while I was making my map? Well, of course now I see they were ladder areas! urgggggg!

I found the heart in the water cave near L1. I almost thought that might be the dungeon you spoke of for the ring/sword. But couldn't open it up with anything. I also found 6, but want to wait for the ring...lol. I need my hair ya know...lololol The raft area up on top of the map just took me from one screen over to the right to another. And... thats all the rafting I've found so far. :(

So.. question without giving away too much. Is the raft dock to the ring visible or do I have to call it up?

And maybe at least give me the map locale? As in ... NW, SW, NE, or SE or Middle part of this overworld? So I could at least be in the vicinity...lol.

I also sure hope you were right about L5 being one of the hardest! Man!!!! lol This game really requires skill doesn't it? L1-4 gave one a sense of confidence and then WHAM! L5 kicks your butt! lololol

Speaking on that... again... thanks for re-upping MY hearts, as in my confidence and encouragement to continue. I guess you guys don't just give hints huh? lol You're also the cheering section! Thanks pL

pLeitorian
01-05-2005, 03:57 PM
OK, well, you don't actually raft TO the dungeon with the Blue Ring, you raft IN it!!

Without the Raft, you cannot reach the Blue Ring once in the dungeon.

It is in a one-screen graveyard, on the top row of screens.

Hint: if you find the Armos, you are very close...

timewarp44
01-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Okay, I did check around that missing screen... just forgot to look for walkthroughs I guess. :shakeno: But, now I've been there done that! VERY cool way to do those items by the by.... And once again. MAN!!! Couldn't you make those snakey things stay gone once they're killed?! lol

But... alas... as much as I tried with my arsenal I couldn't figure out how to get across that water. But, instead of asking and then waiting... I'm just going to buy the darn thing. lol Nothing on TV tonight so I'm having a playathon!

Anyway, I would love to know what the trigger was ... or where the steps might have been whatever it was to get over there. Just for my own knowledge. If you don't want to spoil it for others you can pm me. I just want to know what I missed ya know? lol

So.. I'm off to buy the thing.. .and then onto level 6!

Thanks for the area to look in for the dungeon. I probably would have eventually found it... since I knew there was an unvisited screen there...But oh what a time saver...lol. Thanks

Oh! And that 4 grouping rock stair thing on the bottom row of the overworld... MAN I cursed you! :sly: lololol Was your ears burning??? lol Actually it was days ago I just keep forgeting to give you a hard time about it. ;)

pLeitorian
01-05-2005, 07:26 PM
The water past the blue ring? Is just like Level 5. Blow the whistle to cross.

The water at the top of that dungeon requires the Ladder (found in Level 6) to cross.

I've just started playing the quest through again so that I can stay sort of caught up to you. So far I have finished Level 5 -- with the white sword and no ring, mind you -- and 10 hearts (11 after finishing). My current time is 2:13:06, with 12 deaths to my credit, mostly in the early levels. Ironically, I died about once in each of levels 1, 2, 3, and 4, and several more times by overworld Lynels/etc. when I was weak, but I did NOT die at all in level 5 (granted, I did use a potion or two), so I am having a hard time understanding what was tough about level 5!! :)

To beat that Darknut room, I walked in, immediately lit my candle, spun right, and went through the right hand door with a key. Then I came back from that way and entered the room, immediately lit the candle again, and jumped into the fray. Four to six well placed bombs cleaned up most of the darknuts (you wait for them to cluster, moving toward you, but then face AWAY from them and drop a bomb, which they walk right into). The last two beat me up a little, but I finished the room with about half my life meter intact. And I suck at Zelda... which is why my quests are so playable. If I can beat 'em, anyone can, with enough effort.

Potions are a mere 1 screen east of Start, btw, just like in the original LOZ. If you look carefully, some screens may be familiar (e.g. Level 1 entrance) and that is because the first overworld was built by "modifying" the original Nintendo LOZ quest. The original concept was just to change the passageways and then as I learned stuff I got a little out of control! Heh.

timewarp44
01-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Bomb the darknuts? I was trying to sword fight them... uh!
And usually, I don't have a too hard a time with them. But when you're getting beat up with fireballs just as your getting ready to move... urggggg!

anyway,... glad YOU had no trouble with that level...lol I would have had a lot less if the rooms I went through stayed dead, or at least would let me just leave one thing... lol. Guess I'm giving away how I get through stuff huh? hehehehee

That's cool though that you're playing again. Refresh yourself...:)

As to the ring dungeon. I've blowed that whistle till I'm out of breath!@! If thats what it was (my first thing I tried) then I must have a bug or something because I tried it more than once. Just in case the trigger tile was like only one and in a certain place. So... maybe after you play through that dungeon you'll get back to me? Make sure it's how you remembered?

Oh and about that ladder. That body of water was too wide for a ladder. It was like 2 or 3 tiles wide? Unless your talking about water in one of the two rooms I have left in that dungeon. In which case. I do need to do 6 first. From the way you talked in another post --- I could get the ring after 5. So, that's what I went to do. lol I WANTED that ring! lol

Well, have fun playing it again. And let me know if yours works (whistle) across the 3rd room from the end (triforce).

pLeitorian
01-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Third room from the triforce? The blue ring is in the triforceless, non-level dungeon in the northern graveyard, as follows:

Entrance room.
Go up one screen; Aquamentus and statues.
Go up one screen; dark room with Gibdo and Like Like.
Go right one screen; Mandhandla flying over water.
Use raft to cross water once Manhandla is killed. Raft is in Level 5 -- make sure you have it!
Go right one screen. Shop has Blue Ring $255 and Bait $60 and some other item I cannot remember.
Go right one screen; room with Wizzrobes and stairway to a single small heart.
Go up one screen. Use whistle to cross water. Can be blown on any tile.
Go up one screen. Traps in room. A "puzzle" theme.
Go left one room. Magic Sword is there. You need 12 hearts; I had 13 when I picked it up.

Please upload a photo to the web of the screen giving you problems if this doesn't help. If I don't have an exact location, I can't give perfect advice.

timewarp44
01-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Third room from the triforce? The blue ring is in the triforceless, non-level dungeon in the northern graveyard
It's that same dungeon you're talking about. I used the term "triforce room" to denote the room on the map marked by the compass. Sorry if I confused you. :(

AS to puzzle blocks? Hummmm.... I've had a couple of rooms I've went through that had moving blocks but no stairs or whatever. I just assumed they were there to play around with getting around those moving corner things. I don't think I've missed anything though?

Back to the ring dungeon. Like I said in another post. Don't sweat that. I just bought it. Now, I assumed.... that the ring was across that water in the room marked by the compass. If there is something else in that room. Then I'm in trouble. Because the water is too wide for the ladder, and the whistle didn't work.

I don't have a place(site) to put a pic to link for you. But if you're wanting to know just to know... what I'm talking about...

Looking at your map... it's the top right 3 rooms. I never got into those last rooms. I entered a room from the left side. It had 4 bushes on the left, 4 on the right but two of the bushes were blue. The enemies were those black blobs. The water run up and down the middle part of the room (verses left to right like your other whistle water rooms). Maybe that will help you more to know where I was.

IF there was a secret passage I missed in a block puzzle... that could be it. I had went back through it, a couple of times, when my whistle didn't work thinking that I just had to get there through stairs - to the other side. But couldn't find them. IF there is a puzzle block room... that might have been my problem. And that sucks! Usually I'm good at puzzles. But because I couldn't see a pattern for all the blocks that moved... I just assumed they were only meant to get past those moving corner things. And... theres been more than one room I've found those in... EKE! I might have missed alot! lol

Anyway... update on my progress... I've done levels 6, 7 and am doing the lower left dungeon of the lower left overworld map that the ladder got me to. Should be done with that before lunch today. I'm loving that dungeon by the way. So cool! I've found Death Mtn. Still haven't run across 8 yet but I really haven't looked since I take it the hint was saying I would need the wand to get to it. The only place I can think of that I haven't been (thats open) on the overworld map... is the passage to a cave that you can see from the actual L7 house. I'm hoping thats 8 and the wand will get me to it once I get the wand. And again, assuming I'll find the wand in this dungeon I'm in thats on the corner (bottom left) of the overworld map. :o)

pL... you were sooo right. Once I got through L5 it got SO easier! I breezed through 6 and 7 pretty quick. Didn't even need juice in 6! And very little in 7!(beaming! :D ) I assume since you know where everything is and don't have to hunt your through your play by now? How was it?

pLeitorian
01-06-2005, 11:12 AM
OK, so you mean the very top right of the dungeon with the Blue Ring. If you have the Magic Sword, you have the important items from that dungeon for now.

I looked at those rooms in Zquest, and saw no bushes. There should, instead, be two concentric squares of water/lava, which can be traversed in the center with the Ladder. However, two things come to mind: one, I cannot see into my passworded file so maybe I changed it a little bit, and two, the item is the Mirror Shield (in the unpassworded one) and you don't actually NEED that to finish this quest. There are actually about four Mirror Shields in the game, because I originally thought Like Likes could eat them (they can't).

Keep in mind that TLJ uses "raft paths" and you have to steer your raft. This is especially important in Level 9 (if you don't steer, you can't finish the level). So once you find the Lens in Level 9, you should use it whenever you raft, so you can see the paths.

By the "lower left dungeon," do you mean a huge, mazelike cave? The very bottom left screen of the entire overworld is, indeed, a huge cave -- to a brand new overworld. When you finish that, please go one or two screens to the right, and then use the block to open up stairs back to start (open up ALL the paths first, trust me, it's worth the effort). I don't want you to get mad having to do that big cave twice!!

I am where you are, I just finished Level 7.

Level 8 is in the bush next to the water, where the bushes are arranged in a big "8" pattern. This is in the southwest area as well, but instead of going toward the big cave, you go southeastward, among the Lynels.

timewarp44
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
I looked at those rooms in Zquest, and saw no bushes. There should, instead, be two concentric squares of water/lava, which can be traversed in the center with the Ladder. However, two things come to mind: one, I cannot see into my passworded file so maybe I changed it a little bit, and two, the item is the Mirror Shield
Okay, well, I have an older version then. Because I know they were bushes.. I tried to burn them for stairs. And that sucks I can't get the Mirror Shield!!! lol I would love to be able not to worry about those likelikes! Do you remember what you did to trigger the older version?

"steer your raft"... well that might be my problem in this dungeon then. I came back on because I'm stuck in here. But didn't realize you could steer. I should have tried that. I mean, it does steer in this dungeon as well as L9 right? lol Dang I hope so...lol

"By the "lower left dungeon," do you mean a huge, mazelike cave?" Yep, thats the one! And thanks for the heads up on the traveling tip once I emerge! :)

"I am where you are, I just finished Level 7." Come on now... you know this stuff! You should be done already! lolol ;) just ribbing ya.

Level 8 : thanks for that as well. I had it being somewhere else.

Now, my questions.

Since this is an older version, I may or may not have found a bug. Remember - I'm in the dungeon to the other overworld. And I have a few questions so bear with me and also remember... I got through 6, 7, SW area and to this dungeon without asking any questions...lol. So, now I'm catching up...:rolleyes: lol

I'm messsing with those raft routes on the top part of the map of the dungeon.
Can't seem to get to the stairs on the upper most right corner/ one screen to the left of the edge. IF I can steer, which I will go and try after posting. this one won't need answering maybe.

Now, I might have a bug but it might be benign. I want to make sure.
On the dungeon map. From top right corner... count 3 to left, then one down. Small island with blocks and a stair case. I can get to this by rafting a straight line from 3 screens left, and from the stairs that are found on this screen ( dungeon map, count from Left upper corner: (seen map not invisible) 3rd row down, 2nd screen to right)
If I raft to it I get stuck and can't raft back (blocks can't move). If I walk to it with the stairs I get stuck outside the blocks in the water when I emerge. Either way, I have to quit and continute. So question is... is this importent? Can I just forget about it? It seems to be unimportent but it never hurts to ask.

I've done maybe 2/3rds of this dungeon. I'm lacking the whole far right column, and the upper portion of the invisible far left column with the red screen that the compass marks (verses triforce room ;) ). As to that left side... I've visited the bottom 3 rooms. So bascially, 1 1/2 columns on each side I haven't figured out how to get to. Help?

Sorry there's so much. But I've been trying really hard not to ask questions. And they've piled up for this dungeon. :(

I'm off to try steering while I await your reply. :)

pLeitorian
01-06-2005, 02:27 PM
OK, I have mapped out the raft paths. In the cave, you do not need to change your raft's direction.

The proper path is as follows: once you cross the water/lava where you blow the Whistle, find the screen with two docks (you can walk up one screen in the right portion, to the top right screen, where you can see stairs you cannot reach). At the docks:

Take the left dock;
Ride to four-way dock.
Take the left dock;
Ride to another four-way dock with a diagonal obstruction.
Take the bottom dock;
Raft to island with block in it.
Use ladder to cross from top island to bottom island.
Take dock at right;
Raft to a three way dock.
Take the top dock;
Raft back to other side dock with diagonal obstruction.
Take the top dock;
Ride to a sort-of four way dock (one dock is inaccessible).
Take the middle dock;
Ride to small bottom island.
Use ladder to cross to small top island.
Take top dock.
Take stairs here; they go to left row of map where you have not been.
Go north to exit (bring a potion, big Gleeok fight there!).

I will attempt to make a map out of my file as well. Good luck!

Update: I have placed a map of the cave's raft system (UPDATE: and maps of the Lost Lake and Lost Hills) at http://www.geocities.com/pleitorian/plunder/raft.html

timewarp44
01-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Me again... needing help. EVER! :heart:

I need to find a wallet. I found the dungeon that asked for more money (than I can hold). But in all my searching... nothing yet. Help?

Also want to give pL a shout out for this MASSIVE, butt kicking game! Butt kicking as in.. the player gets to smash and crash A LOT! IF anyone likes to kill stuff ... this is THE game to play! But NOT for the player who wants to speed through... for the title... "Longest Journey"? Well, it ain't lyin' ....;)

pLeitorian
01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Small wallet: in 2nd overworld... big western graveyard.

Large wallet: in 2nd overworld... bomb the cave behind the Gleeok a little north and east of the cave that links the two overworlds. He'll tell you which dungeon it's in (you probably have found this already, with an entry fee of $300).

Update: my quest times (note that I added an extra shortcut to the Level 9 entrance in my version -- so I can keep going back to Level 9 and updating this list. There may or may not be a warp to the Level 9 entrance... but I'm not telling... because I don't remember! In the meantime, once you get to Level 9, I suggest playing it out as much as you can.)

With 15 deaths, and no cheating, I managed the following:
4:52:28 - had small wallet
5:19:25 - had 23 Heart Containers
5:35:35 - had Large Wallet
6:10:40 - had mapped Lost Lake and Lost Hills by hand and finished all money minidungeons in Second Overworld
6:38:58 - had Wand
7:49:51 - had reached Level 9 and obtained the Silver Arrow

timewarp44
01-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, ain't you just somethin' ? ;)

Again... you KNOW where stuff is!!!!!! It's just not fair for us to compare how long it takes us and how long it takes you! NO fair!!!! lolololololololol

Okay... I've spent the day finishing my mapping of Lost Lake, OW's etc. Then was off to get the wand. But because of being so thourough and needing so many bombs to make sure nothing was left undone... it took me 2 or 3 trips. Got it though and then went to L8. Done and Done. I've spent the last little bit just trying to find the Master Sword (3 eyed thing). Finally figured out that blank screen. Urggg. If I had just been neater with my map, and drawn it a bit bigger so I could SEE..lol.. I might have found it earlier.

Anyway, I've spent the last hour or so trying my best to figure out that dungeon. I got the money... but no Sword and I've bombed all the walls? (I remember the hint to use a bomb) I even bombed the money thing under the floor! I mean.. at this point... why not? lol The only walls I haven't tried or the left and upper wall. I can't get to them from pushing blocks and when I emerge from the money stairs it always puts me back on the right side. So.. I give up. Can you help me find it? Pleeeease!

Though this has been a GREAT game... Its also been a LONG (TLJ) one! lol And I am about ready to get to 9 and kill that bugger...:evil: lol

Hopefully you'll be on soon tonight. I would LOVE to be able to announce my finishing by tomorrow!

On a lighter side.. hope you're having a GREAT weekend!

pLeitorian
01-08-2005, 09:19 PM
OK, assuming you found the Master Sword dungeon (is it a short, vertical one? If not, you're in the wrong dungeon: bombing was for the secret money area behind the White Sword, but there's no **Master** Sword there. There might have been a shop in the 2nd overworld with the Master Sword for $900, I forget if it was taken out in the update...)...

You need to use the trick from Level 9 in Adventure of Link: use the Wand and Magic Book to burn the tree in the center of the room you'll eventually come to.

And considering I'm playing an old uncorrected version where you can't even get the Red Ring, I thought my total finishing time earlier today of 9:31:16 was pretty good. :)

timewarp44
01-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Okay... the dungeon I'm in that I 'think' is the one the clues and you pointed me to... is a short, vertical 4 or 5 room thing. At the end room. There is a lone bush that I had to bounce a wand shot into off an enemy. ( I guess thats what you meant by the ref. to AoL?) Anyway... Under the bush was money. There are blocks and the bush, that keep me from getting to the left and upper walls of that room. Blocks wont move. Bush opens to stairs and when I emerge... it puts me back on the right side of the room. Therefore... IF this is the right dungeon... then I can't figure HOW to get to another room...

The locale is 1st OW, the screen directly above the heart you raft to screen, which is beside of the L1 screen.

If there is a shop for the master sword... I'ld pay! lol.

I've took time to watch a movie and am bumbed that I still can't move on now. :( I might go ahead and start on L9. Surely the Master Sword isn't THAT important to get me started mapping it? lol I'm ready to get down and dirty ya know? Kick some Ganon butt! (evil laughter) But I will check back first thing tomorrow ( at least right before I get to play again).

And considering I'm playing an old uncorrected version where you can't even get the Red Ring, I thought my total finishing time earlier today of 9:31:16 was pretty good. :) Well... I reckon so....lol. Of course... where IS that Red Ring? Will I be finding that in level 9? Geez I hope sooooo.... I hope I didn't miss something else... lol.

Anyway, I don't mean to take away your accomplishment here... ;) But I'm standing by my defense of my taking "days" to get where I'm at now... with the fact that ... I didn't know where stuff was and had to take time to HUNT!!!!! lol Not to mention figure out crap ...lol. (or wait for you to tell me stuff...lmao!) Anyway... You get a cookie for your quick time of 9 1/2 hours... okay? lol If the game wasnt' so long... I'ld play it again just to see if I could beat your time now that I know where stuff is... ;) Maybe in a few months? When it would be new again? lol.... Care for a challenge? lololl.... I'm kiddddding!!!! No way could I do it that quick. Now... the original ZC I have now... I might would go head to head with you. I know that one like the back of my hand I've played it so much! lol But that was before I found this site and all these new games. I'm like a kid in a candy store now...lol. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I would run through that old game 4/5 times a week just messin' around....lol. NO ... I don't have a life! lol

Okay, enought chit chat :heart: ... Help me out with how to get to another room in this dungeon, or to that room you mentioned with a tree.... (remember I found the bush room at the end) so I can get on with kicking Ganons red hinnie.

pLeitorian
01-09-2005, 02:05 PM
You have the right dungeon, and you're going to kick yourself because you were so close to figuring it out: you do burn the bush. Then you walk halfway up into the tiles above you and walk "across" the stairs, only *half* on top of them. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it right: it's when you have a rock tile above you, Link still appears half on top of it, you know? Just push yourself up into the top blocks first and you should be able to walk across. I don't know what player you're using, but this can be done in the 1.84 and 1.90 players. Either way, it's not essential to completing the quest.

The original sword shop was either Magic Sword or Master Sword for $900 but I forget which.

The Red Ring is in Level 9, in the right-hand column of rooms; you must kill three Patra at once to get it. If the stairs open up behind some blocks, you have the old, uncorrected version. I did release a minor correction which took care of this and some other more minor bugs, but I'm not sure if the Quest DB ever got the right one. With the Master Sword, the Red Ring is a little less important, as the tough rooms are only half as long and will only drain half as much of your hearts as they did to me (I was playing Blue Ring, Magic Sword - eek! Now that IS hard).

Don't worry about your time. I was more going for "if it takes me 10 hours to play it, don't worry if it takes you 50" -- I was trying to be encouraging.

Anyway, this should get you going for now. Good luck... and remember to save a potion for the last room. And I don't mean the one with Ganon.....

ETA: I just played through for it, and the Master Sword costs $750. To help, you can find $200 in the tunnel going to Level 7 (by the way, you reach that cave above Level 7 with the Whistle -- but it's a bit buggy and not really important, just a hint to the Master Sword: like, if you found the Door Repair guy one screen north of the Master Sword, he says "cave floor is about to collapse" ... because the dungeon is underneath his cave!)

timewarp44
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Well, one thing you've always been is encouraging pL. And Patient! And God love you for it! :king: If not... I wouldn't still be playing.

And... I almost had another hissy last night and said screw it. lol. But I recognized it was me... not the game. Even went and download Unoffical Ninth and the 1.6 verison. Was just going to start another....lol. I remember you said it was a bit easier. And I would really like to build my confindence back up by being able to play a game that I didn't need to stop and ask a question twice a day! lol But, I think it had to do more with me just having a bad day yesterday.. than anything.:uhoh: I've got one of "those" mothers that hasn't aged well. Bless her heart.

Anyway, I did go ahead to 9 w/o the sword. And the rooms were not too bad... again... it was the figuring and whatnot part and the day had me ---- well, weakened... we'll say. lol . I was just so.... I don't know... feeling so undeserving of being there I guess. I had had to have so much help. And here I was... stuck again. Just frustrated with myself when one 'thinks' they've tried everything and yet like you said... then have to kick their self in the butt when they see how simple it was. I spent hours going in and out (in and out in and out) getting those stupid S Bombs...lol. Trying to find more rooms. I've always hated that they only sell one at a time...lol. Anyway...I never did keep up with which ones I bombed (like I said... I was in a state) so I'll have to start afresh.

I'm thinking my problem (other than a bad day) might be I've got Zeldaitis too...lol. Just TOO much playing. This is my third game in a row with no breaks. Well, that and my issues with giving up too soon... :redface: I need to work on that personality flaw.

Anywho... today is a new day. The sun is shining and I am determined to get out from underneath this funk! I am not going to beat myself up about the block thing... I'm just going to go and get that sword. Then... I'm going to go visit some people (get out in the world), do some errands. I'm going to get my smile back. :female: Then when I feel I'm perky again... I'll tackle 9. Don't give me any hints yet.........I am determined to at least do this one on my own...for a change...lol. Even if it takes me days!

You have a glorious Sunday. I hope to be announcing Monday that I am "done and done". If not though, I'm not going to sweat it.... lol.

Oh, and I'll let you know about the ring thing once I find it. Maybe that will tell us which version I've been playing...lol.

Happy Trails..

Oh...PS... I had a non related question. When a person makes these quests... do they "have'' to use Zelda music in the OW because of copyrights or something? I had a thought that wouldn't it be nice to have something else playing where you spend the most time (in the OW). And even maybe switching up for areas. Like beach music if your along the water, Something like "Born to be Wild" in the dessert areas... that kind of thing. When I go into a dungeon with good music... it just seems to help. Adjusts my mood ya know? I'm into music. And I LOVED the dungeon where you put in a bit of "The Wall". And.. the end song? Wouldn't it be cool to have "Happy Trails" ? lol

Talk to you later...

pLeitorian
01-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I'll give you one bit of advice: when you enter Level 9, from the Triforce Guard room, the Silver Arrow is found if you go straight up; everything else (except possibly the compass) is down the paths to the left. That should save you some incredibly frustrating bombing. Also, there is a superbomb and bomb shop somewhere in Level 9.

As far as music, I think it's just tradition. In "Adventure of Link," I almost used the dungeon and overworld music exclusively but thought that would get boring. I don't know how to change the ending music; however, I know how to change the Ganon music. And if I ever finish the Proving Grounds quest, I have already selected the Ganon theme. I feel it's one of the best ones out there... I took a certain part of a certain song (I'm not telling!!) which -- I think, anyway -- captures the mood perfectly. If I ever stop playing "Kingdom of Loathing" for a few days, maybe I'll get to finishing that. I need to make it into a 2.10 quest now anyway but I'm not sure if a converter will work...

Switching music also changes maps -- people have "boss music" in dungeons, but the way the map works kind of changes and I just don't like how that looks.

timewarp44
01-10-2005, 06:41 PM
1st: Done and Done! I'll tell more in a pm... don't want to ruin it for others....

Switching music also changes maps -- people have "boss music" in dungeons, but the way the map works kind of changes and I just don't like how that looks.
see... I did not know this....lol.

Also... new game? TELL me its not as hard as this one! lol And when I say hard I don't mean fighting (except ofcourse L5) I mean hunt - hunt - hunt! lol Almost too much of a good thing ya know...lol.

Anyway... Ganon is DEAD! And that's all I have to say about that here! lol

Flanker
01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Hello,

I've been reading the messages and I'm still a little confused on level 5. I can't follow the directions given, such as going N, N, N, N, E, etc.

I can't seem to understand about trying to go west of the room with the guy you have to whistle to make into 3 smaller pieces and then kill, as no matter what I do, can't go that way. I can't follow the instructions I mentioned in the previous paragraph because going north leads to a big blood pool between the entrance, and the map at the top. No way to get across. Otherwise, the only rooms I can seem to get into are the 3 to the right of the entrance room and 2 above it. Then, in that right column, I can also go up 2 more rooms, and the 2 rooms to the right of that, but for the top 2 rooms, I can only get under the bottom row of blocks, and not in between them to cut across the locked doors. I have gathered 3 keys thus far, but that's it.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

pLeitorian
01-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Ah, but you need to blow the whistle to cross that big pool.

And when you go along the right, there are walls that can be bombed (in the room with the mummies).

Flanker
01-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Ah, but you need to blow the whistle to cross that big pool.

And when you go along the right, there are walls that can be bombed (in the room with the mummies).

Ah, thanks...but now I have a different issue. I can't for the life of me find the blue ring dungeon. There is one dungeon that you start out going north twice, then east for a while, needing a raft before you go south, which requires a ladder, but found nothing there. As for the lake where the raft goes across the top, if you go east 1 screen, there is an entrace way that can't be accessed with 8 of the guys when you touch them, they move, and are never worth coins...is there a way to get in that entranceway? And is that the blue ring dungeon? I tried to start level 6, but that's even worse than 5 without the ring. Oh, how much that blue ring would mean....

Flanker
01-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Ah, thanks...but now I have a different issue. I can't for the life of me find the blue ring dungeon. There is one dungeon that you start out going north twice, then east for a while, needing a raft before you go south, which requires a ladder, but found nothing there. As for the lake where the raft goes across the top, if you go east 1 screen, there is an entrace way that can't be accessed with 8 of the guys when you touch them, they move, and are never worth coins...is there a way to get in that entranceway? And is that the blue ring dungeon? I tried to start level 6, but that's even worse than 5 without the ring. Oh, how much that blue ring would mean....

Oh, and by the way, I did find a bug in the quest earlier. When you get the power bracelet, you can push the rocks. Well, there is a rock that you push across the bottom row that takes you to 3 secret passages. There is another rock if you go from the starting screen North, West, North, and west a few times (I think), where you would go South to enter the grave yards, go north instead. There is a rock you push to open up a passage to the Northwest. Well, if you take the secret passage first before you push that rock on the west side, go to the passage that takes you west of the river and into the NW territory, go all the way to the top, and as far left as you can, leading to a staircase going down that you can't see going up, and then go down again, and down once more, you get stuck/wedged in that block that would be removed if you push the rock on the west side first. I hope I explained it enough for you to understand it. You end up having to quit and continue at the starting screen again.

pLeitorian
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm aware of the stair-warp bug. But updating a four year old quest seems silly; to be honest, I had doubts anyone would find the warps before going straight to Level 4. I've eliminated such silly thinking in my subsequent quests.

The Blue Ring requires the Raft, which I've outlined how to get earlier in this thread.

The Blue Ring is in a secret dungeon on the top row of screens. http://zcf.dyndns.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31&page=1 (I hope it is ok to link another ZC forum here? If not, someone tell me, please) has a TLJ thread with oodles of overworld map screenshots. Those should help you.

Good luck and happy hunting :)

njg
01-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Great quest pLeitorian! I previously played AoL and enjoyed that too. I am stuck here in Longest Journey, though and hope you can help. I have seen the previous questions and I assume my mistakes are simple but I hope you will bear with me.

1. I cannot locate the entrance to level 7. I assume it is in the cave which lies 1 screen south and 3 screens west of the cemetary where the level 3 sword and blue ring are but I cannot access it. I cannot get into the screen immediatly east of that cave.

2. I cannot get to the 9 screens in the north west corner of the 1st overworld (as well as the 1 screen west of level 9. Are these screens part of the game?

3. I cannot find the first wallet. I saw an earlier response of yours stating it is in the western cemetary. I searched the cemetary where the level 2 sword was and came up empty. I even found an area behind where the sword was, that sells the blue ring for 150r, but no wallet.

4. I am still using a level 1 boomerang (very annoying) did I miss level 2 boomerang?

5. Could you provide a list of all items that can be found in this quest? should I be looking for levels 2 & 3 boomerangs, hammer, hookshot, level 3 arrow, level 2 candle, cross, level 2 bracelet and magic key? I assume, from what I have seen in the game and in this thread that I will come across the two wallets, silver arrow, wand (which I found but I do not have the wallets to buy), red ring, lens and 24 hearts (I have 19, need levels 7 & 8 and three more form the field).

I appreciate your help and look forward to playing nth quest after I finish longest journey.

pLeitorian
01-14-2005, 03:57 PM
1. Level 7 is where you have stated. You get there via a minidungeon which is shaped kind of like a 2-legged table (it goes up, turns right, then goes down again). This dungeon entrance is in one of the cliff faces in the desert, I believe one screen west of the Level 7 entrance; it comes out one screen east of Level 7 (which you may have noticed you cannot get to directly).

2. The 9 screens in the NW corner are Death Mountain. Did you try anything at the dead-end that looks like nothing at all happens? There is a trick to accessing it. However, without the Triforce, it's not going to matter yet. Anyway short answer: you cannot walk there DIRECTLY, you have to take... tunnels :)

3. The first wallet is in the Second Overworld. In the SW corner of the First Overworld, you have to solve that huge 7x8 cave, then when you emerge, go two screens right, push a block by the Digdoggers (big guys you blow the whistle), then use the 3-way warp to open up passages in the First Overworld. If you come out of a waterfall doing this, DON'T TAKE THE DOCK or you will have to do it all over again; go back in to the waterfall instead. Once you have the Second Overworld open the Small Wallet is in the west graveyard, the Large one is one screen east of King's Tomb (a secret path) and the Wand is in the Proving Grounds (also on a secret path, after you solve the Lost Lake).

4. L2 boomerang is under the Lanmola room in Level 5. Use the whistle.

5. How about I mention: there is no Hookshot, Hammer, Boots, Gold Ring, Gold Arrow, Cross, or Flippers. (there might be a fire boomerang, not sure).

Anyway since you have 19 hearts you have found the 2nd overworld, so go THERE to find that western graveyard and all that. Once you finish L6/L7, you play in the Second Overworld til you find the Wand, then you can open L8.

Item locations:

Wooden sword - start cave; shop (1st overworld)
White sword - graveyard minidungeon southwest of lake around Level 1 (1st overworld)
Magic Sword - secret minidungeon in northern graveyard (1st overworld)
Master Sword - a secret screen, Three Eye Rock (1st overworld)
Wooden Arrow - Level 1 (1st overworld)
Blue Candle - Level 2 (1st overworld)
Power Bracelet - Level 3 (1st overworld)
Whistle - Level 4 (1st overworld)
Raft - Level 5 (1st overworld)
Bow - Level 5 (1st overworld)
Ladder - Level 6 (1st overworld)
Red Candle - Level 7 (1st overworld)
Letter - very small "T" shaped minidungeon in forest (1st overworld)
Magic Key - Level 8 (1st overworld)
Silver Arrow - Level 9
Red Ring - Level 9
Blue Ring - northern graveyard minidungeon (1st overworld)
Wooden Boomerang - start cave, or sold in shops (1st overworld)
Magic Boomerang - Level 5 (1st overworld), or sold in shop (2nd overworld)
Magic Book -- uhhh, I forgot, it's somewhere though!! :)
Superbombs - shops in Death Mountain and in Level 9 (1st overworld)
Lens of Truth - Level 9
Mirror Shield - northern graveyard minidungeon (1st overworld), overworld caves (2nd overworld)
Bait - overworld shops; there's also one in a level somewhere (1st overworld)

Heart Containers:
3 to start
+1 per level, at boss (x8)
+1 in north minidungeon, northwest screen (1st overworld)
+1 by using raft southwest Level 1 (1st overworld)
+1 by power bracelet at dead end (eastern 1st overworld)
+1 under push-tombstone in graveyard by minidungeon to White Sword
+1 in northern waterfall at dead-end with dock (1st overworld)
+1 in various 2nd overworld locations (2nd overworld), as follows:

- blow whistle at dead end of fast blue Lanmolas;
- blow whistle in Lost Hills at small, circle-y dead end;
- blow whistle on southeast screen of 2nd overworld to make a dock appear;
- blow whistle on southeast shore of Lost Lake by Zols;
- push block by red Lanmolas, south of Stalfos 2's;
- burn tree by Moldorms with Traps;
- bomb cave in upper area in southeast corner of western graveyard;
- burn tree at west shore of long horizontal multiscreen rafting

That should get you going...

njg
01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
I appreciate your quick and thorough response. I am still having trouble with the first wallet, though. I believe I have the correct graveyard (2nd overworld, two screens east an one screen north of the southwest corner) but cannot find the entrance. I have killed all the ghosts, pushed all the tombs, used the whistle and bombed all walls. How do I get the wallet? I have also all of the other tombs located in screens in the southwest corner of the second overworld.

elise
01-18-2005, 02:12 PM
here is where you can find the wallet

found the small wallet in the graveyard dungeon in the sw hyrule
under a tree almost at the end of the dungeon

pLeitorian
01-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure why you are having problems finding that entrance. It's wide open in that graveyard.

The graveyard is in the west... two screens north of the big cave, then head west until the ground turns gray. Follow this path all the way to the end (you can only go one way) past the ghosts and mummies and Wizzrobes and Gohmas and all that.

At the end there will be some stairs that wind up and down to an open dungeon entrance. The guy there says "I cannot help you." Well, he cannot, but the wall on his right is a walk-through wall. That he is in a real dungeon - not a cave, like everyone else from the TLJ overworlds - is supposed to be a tip-off to you.

Near the end of this dungeon burn a tree in the room with Wizzrobes to find the small wallet.

Or, if that doesn't work, just cough up a heart container east of King's Tomb to get the Large Wallet. Since you can get 24, 23 isn't really bad to have (although you may not be able to get the Master Sword with only 23, I forget).

njg
01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Oh, duh! I took him seriously and left the few times I saw him. I tried giving him bait and attacking him with every weapon, I never thought to check the walls. Thanks for the tip.

njg
02-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this quest. It was challenging yet playable. I am looking forward to playing more of your quests but after downloading them from your website, I try to load them and get the error message "invalid .qst file". Do you know why this is happening?

pLeitorian
02-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Njg - you have to unzip them and use the correct ZC version. TLJ and AOL are 1.90, Nth Quest is 1.92 Beta 163 (or maybe 183), and Proving Grounds is 2.10; so make sure you load the quest into the right version (if you have only 1.90, you can't play Nth or PG).

This is the first I have heard of a problem with my downloads. Everything but Proving Grounds is also available on Zeldaclassic.com; search by author for pLeitorian.

none22
02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey...this is a great quest!

Question about level 7. How on earth do you get there?

I read above that you have to go through a mini-dungeon which you enter east of the 7 entrance, but how do you get there? I've checked for walk through walls, bombing areas, whistle blowing....please let the secret be known.

njg
02-09-2005, 04:52 PM
From the start screen, go up 6 screens (one below the top of the map) and right one screen. bomb a cave open to the left of the stairs. The cave will lead you to level 7.

pLeitorian
02-09-2005, 05:27 PM
none22: The mini-dungeon entrance is one screen west of Level 7. Bomb the cliff face by the Peahats.

You can see Level 7 (I think it's green) by walking up below it, although you won't be able to reach it. That screen has Peahats too. Just go down and west and up to find the cliff face that you bomb. One screen south of Level 7 you can bomb a cave to talk to a Moblin, too.

Hope this helps.

[Or just read njg's post above. Speedy!]

LinkMaster500
06-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I found the Wand, but where is the Book? I know you need both to get to Level 8.

pLeitorian
06-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I just had a HDD crash, and may have lost all original files of my pre-2.10 quests.

Sorry folks, you're on your own from now on until further notice when it comes to TLJ, AOL, and Nth Quest. Nothing I can do about it for a while.

LinkMaster500
07-01-2005, 10:58 AM
I found the Book, so I don't need any help in finding it with regard to The Longest Journey.