PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon entrances (warping problems)

Blow me up!
01-29-2001, 08:26 PM
OK, here goes: Every time I want a dungeon entrance, It's totally screwed up. I enter to a blank screen, or it's the right room, but Link stayed home or something 'cause he ain't there.

Help me or I'll follow my name's instructions.

------------------
I am really dumb sometimes.

Daarkseid
01-30-2001, 01:21 AM
Either you didn't set the warp coordinate right, or you forgot to set the point on the starting screen of the dungeon that link appears on.

When centering a DMap, (except in the case of an overworld) the most upperleft screen is always treated as 00, even if on the actual map its 01, or 03, or whatever. This means that when you use warps, you'll have to take into account where the the warping point takes you in relation to the how the DMap is centered. A way to figure this out is by testing your warps. Put in the warp and the coordinate its supposed to take you, then hit go and see what part of the map it takes you. If it took you to where you wanted to go, it worked. If not, then count how many screens off you are, and then adjust the warping coordinate accordingly.

Example: I have DMap 2(my dungeon) centered in a certain place. The screen of my dungeon is located on screen 70 on Map2 as shown in the lower left corner. On my overworld map, I create an Entrance/Exit tile warp that is supposed to lead to DMap2, screen:70. I then hit go, and instead of the view going to MAP2 screen 70, it takes me to MAP2 screen 73. This is three screens off. So I then reset the tile warp to 67 and hit go. It takes me to 70.

Use this method of adjusting warps if you do not understand how DMap centering works. If you do understand DMap centering, it isn't necesary.

As for the "Link skipped town" problem, remember that for the beginning of a Dmap that has a Level>0, use the green starting point which can be set by hitting pagedown to scroll through the screen date.

Blow me up!
01-30-2001, 07:08 PM
Thank you Daarkseid!

------------------
Help me or I'll do as the name suggests.- I'll Blow Me Up!

BS Link
11-02-2002, 04:26 PM
I had the same problem...

Jigglysaint
11-02-2002, 07:12 PM
I know that it is not against the rules, but please don't resurect old topics and post like it was made yesterday. It just looks bad, that's all.

fingolfin
11-03-2002, 12:37 PM
What're you sayin' Jigglysaint? Anyway... Yeah, that still confuses me sometimes.

Zaggarum
11-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey BS Link, are you trying to get more posts added to your count? lol :laughing:

ZeldaLord
11-04-2002, 03:37 AM
There is a frozen yopic about the ZQ tutorial at the top of this page, if you had bothered to read it, you would have known the answer.

To quote it:

ALL WARPS USE RELATIVE COORDINATES

Zaggarum
11-04-2002, 09:25 PM
What are you talking about?!?! I looked through the frozen thread many times. Where does it talk about it!?!?

ZeldaLord
11-05-2002, 02:38 AM
Here. (http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/chapter3/page2.html#Step 4)

Zaggarum
11-06-2002, 12:41 AM
I see... hmm now it ain't so funny :thumbsdn: