User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Allegro pull requests

  1. #31
    Administrator DarkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,785
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.21%
    Daily Activity
    280.7%
    Weekly Activity
    45.11%
    Monthly Activity
    30.56%
    What is "this"?

    I've working on fixing the issues the Allegro folks pointed out (I didn't correctly apply the 4.2 patch to 4.4) and should be done later this evening.

  2. #32
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,701
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,377
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    47.62%
    Monthly Activity
    15.28%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    @Gleeok : Are you working on this? I've been waiting for an update from you.
    Sorry, must of missed this (pun intended).

    What DD said. Not sure. If you mean the AS scripting I am messing around different ideas of getting scripts to "inherit" from c++ code and whatnot - kind of off and on. If you mean the atomic fix then no.
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  3. #33
    ZC Contirbutor ZoriaRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prydon Academy
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    3,566
    Level
    19
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.3%
    Daily Activity
    140.35%
    Weekly Activity
    142.86%
    Monthly Activity
    79.23%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Sorry, must of missed this (pun intended).

    What DD said. Not sure. If you mean the AS scripting I am messing around different ideas of getting scripts to "inherit" from c++ code and whatnot - kind of off and on. If you mean the atomic fix then no.
    @Gleeok and @DarkDragon

    I meant the atomic fix. Should I just go with std::atomic and roll with it? I want to try fixing the libs before I compile them again. One nice thing about 4.4.3, is that the main deps are included, so it seems that it is no longer mandatory to do all the extra build steps at this point. I just wish that I knew with certainty what was needed to fix this, as it seems that the two of you have very different ideas on what is needed, and how to proceed.

    You both seemed ready to tackle it, so I was waiting to see the results. I am not going to hack ASM back in to the library for a variety of reasons. THe most important, being that it is likely going to cripple it in the future, and it would never be pulled into the main 4.4.3 repo.

    My plate has been pretty full of late, with many work-related requirements placed on me shoulders. I want to fix the libs, and make the needed fixes to 2.53, and simply be done with it, so that I can get back to working on master, and interim stuff.


    Featured Scripts & Headers: RPG.zh ( v. a0.97.1 ) ( RPG.zh Thread ) | Zelda 3 Thief's Town Treasure Chest Minigame (ffc) | Bobomb (enemy)
    ZScript & ZC-Related Pastebin | Quests and ZScript Repository | ZC Dev & Betas | Latest ZC 2.54 Beta | YouTube Channel
    All of the code that I create and publish here is free for use, modification and distribution under the GPL v2.0, or v3.0 where applicable..

  4. #34
    Administrator DarkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,785
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.21%
    Daily Activity
    280.7%
    Weekly Activity
    45.11%
    Monthly Activity
    30.56%
    You both seemed ready to tackle it, so I was waiting to see the results.
    Sure, I'll do it.

  5. #35
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,701
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,377
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    47.62%
    Monthly Activity
    15.28%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    @Gleeok and @DarkDragon

    I meant the atomic fix. Should I just go with std::atomic and roll with it? I want to try fixing the libs before I compile them again. One nice thing about 4.4.3, is that the main deps are included, so it seems that it is no longer mandatory to do all the extra build steps at this point. I just wish that I knew with certainty what was needed to fix this, as it seems that the two of you have very different ideas on what is needed, and how to proceed.

    You both seemed ready to tackle it, so I was waiting to see the results. I am not going to hack ASM back in to the library for a variety of reasons. THe most important, being that it is likely going to cripple it in the future, and it would never be pulled into the main 4.4.3 repo.

    My plate has been pretty full of late, with many work-related requirements placed on me shoulders. I want to fix the libs, and make the needed fixes to 2.53, and simply be done with it, so that I can get back to working on master, and interim stuff.
    Only problem is std::atomic is c++.

    Sure. Point me to the 4.4.3 files (I'm assuming you guys are wanting to upgrade to the elusive dot three now) in the ZC master repo that need fixing (unless it's just wwin.c) and I'll give it a shot.


    [edit] I should of hit reply hours ago before I got distracted and made dinner, not after. ..hardly counts as being ninja'd... Oh well, whatever.
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  6. #36
    Administrator DarkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,785
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.21%
    Daily Activity
    280.7%
    Weekly Activity
    45.11%
    Monthly Activity
    30.56%

  7. #37
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,701
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,377
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    47.62%
    Monthly Activity
    15.28%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    Great. Maybe now we'll get a rainbow without the death crash.


    Completely hypothetical question for you: Do you think this is more likely to manifest on newer computers because of increased core counts and more complex (read: stupid ms windows) kernel scheduling? ...Like, for example, might something similar to this affect crash occurrence in theory if it didn't interrupt or block as much:

    Code:
    	SetProcessAffinityMask(GetCurrentProcess(), 1);
    	SetThreadAffinityMask(GetCurrentThread(), 1);
    ?

    Just a random thought.
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  8. #38
    ZC Contirbutor ZoriaRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prydon Academy
    Posts
    1,024
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    3,566
    Level
    19
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.3%
    Daily Activity
    140.35%
    Weekly Activity
    142.86%
    Monthly Activity
    79.23%
    Well, this is certainly fun. MSVC 2008 chokes and dies compiling this CMake build of ag 4.4.3. I might need some of your includes, whatever you used, as the headers for stdint.h and inttypes.h fail to compile on MSVC9, and there are some major issues with a few of the allegro source files, too.

    Have a look:

    https://pastebin.com/wesKpgFu

    Are the errors in color.c resulting from our changes, and thus, our fault?

    Likewise, for config.c/h? I know that I've compiled this bastard before in MSYS, and I may need to go that route again.

    I suspect that no-one even bothered to try compiling the build for Windows using MSVC9, as all of the allegro users are Linux blokes. THose who build it on Windows use MSYS/MinGW, which is the opposite of our conundrum for ZC.


    Featured Scripts & Headers: RPG.zh ( v. a0.97.1 ) ( RPG.zh Thread ) | Zelda 3 Thief's Town Treasure Chest Minigame (ffc) | Bobomb (enemy)
    ZScript & ZC-Related Pastebin | Quests and ZScript Repository | ZC Dev & Betas | Latest ZC 2.54 Beta | YouTube Channel
    All of the code that I create and publish here is free for use, modification and distribution under the GPL v2.0, or v3.0 where applicable..

  9. #39
    Administrator DarkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,785
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.21%
    Daily Activity
    280.7%
    Weekly Activity
    45.11%
    Monthly Activity
    30.56%
    Are the errors in color.c resulting from our changes, and thus, our fault?
    Nope.

    Are you *sure* you're trying to compile the right thing? Branch "4.4-ZCfixes" of https://github.com/ArmageddonGames/allegro5? The line numbers in your pasted output do not make a lot of sense.

  10. #40
    Administrator DarkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,235
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,785
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.21%
    Daily Activity
    280.7%
    Weekly Activity
    45.11%
    Monthly Activity
    30.56%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Great. Maybe now we'll get a rainbow without the death crash.


    Completely hypothetical question for you: Do you think this is more likely to manifest on newer computers because of increased core counts and more complex (read: stupid ms windows) kernel scheduling? ...Like, for example, might something similar to this affect crash occurrence in theory if it didn't interrupt or block as much:

    Code:
        SetProcessAffinityMask(GetCurrentProcess(), 1);
        SetThreadAffinityMask(GetCurrentThread(), 1);
    ?

    Just a random thought.
    Could be. But if the keyboard thread doesn't run as often, that can also cause problems (slow response to keyboard input, missed keys, etc).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Armageddon Games is a game development group founded in 1997. We are extremely passionate about our work and our inspirations are mostly drawn from games of the 8-bit and 16-bit era.
Social