89.68%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    155.29%
    Monthly Activity
    37.51%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    I'll look into the strings when I have a chance. That is a far more minor issue than the other more abundant problems.
    It's not a big issue in itself, but why did it happen? Were you bringing in changes from an out-of-sync repo? I only noticed that because it's obvious and it's easy to see why it happened. Who knows what else might have broken?

OnExit should run when the game exits, via F6, Game->End(), or when Link dies. It does that now. It is OnExit, not OnWinGame. The purpose is to clean up global vars, bitmaps, and other things that you want to clear when the game ends by death, or by F6. I'm not sure when this broke, or when it was fixed, but it definitely did not work in 2.50.2, it might have in 2.50.1 or 2.50.0, and it does work in 2.50.3RC1 and 2.53.0.
    Oh, yeah, that makes sense. The issue with it not initializing global arrays after F6->Continue was a side effect of it not running scripts if Quit was nonzero. I hadn't thought about it, but obviously that would affect OnExit, too.
    [téknolŕiz]

ffcscript.zh 1.1.1 - Updated 2014-08-19
    ghost.zh 2.8.1 - Updated 2016-09-16
    tango.zh 1.2.0 - Updated 2016-09-16

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.23%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    13.76%
    Monthly Activity
    8.24%
    Just an FYI on what I needed to edit for it to run Fullscreen without fps issues and glitchy/color/seizures:

vsync = 1
    frame_rest_suggest = 0
    1600x1200 resolution - This was selectable via ZLaunch.

This is on a GeForce 1070 with a 4k TV with a standard 60hz refresh. Windows 10 Pro x64 all up to date.

Vsyncing my high refresh monitor is a different story. <_<

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.89%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    64.02%
    Monthly Activity
    57.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    It's not a big issue in itself, but why did it happen? Were you bringing in changes from an out-of-sync repo? I only noticed that because it's obvious and it's easy to see why it happened. Who knows what else might have broken?

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. The issue with it not initializing global arrays after F6->Continue was a side effect of it not running scripts if Quit was nonzero. I hadn't thought about it, but obviously that would affect OnExit, too.

Ah-ha. That may have been all that changed, then; because the user reports that I saw, that indicated that OnExit was broken, were all array-related. This makes more sense now.

Again, this was not a change that I made. It occurred in 2.50.3RC1, so it is apparently linked to the array changes, and I had forgotten about those. I need to note them in the changelog.

Featured Scripts & Headers: RPG.zh ( v. a0.97.1 ) ( RPG.zh Thread ) | Zelda 3 Thief's Town Treasure Chest Minigame (ffc) | Bobomb (enemy)
    ZScript & ZC-Related Pastebin | Quests and ZScript Repository | ZC Dev & Betas | Latest ZC 2.54 Beta | YouTube Channel
    All of the code that I create and publish here is free for use, modification and distribution under the GPL v2.0, or v3.0 where applicable..

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.89%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    64.02%
    Monthly Activity
    57.53%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Just an FYI on what I needed to edit for it to run Fullscreen without fps issues and glitchy/color/seizures:

vsync = 1
    frame_rest_suggest = 0
    1600x1200 resolution - This was selectable via ZLaunch.

This is on a GeForce 1070 with a 4k TV with a standard 60hz refresh. Windows 10 Pro x64 all up to date.

Vsyncing my high refresh monitor is a different story. <_<
    Thank you @Tim . I will see if I can document some of this stuff, in a FAQ at some point. ZLaunch needs to be updated, too.

Featured Scripts & Headers: RPG.zh ( v. a0.97.1 ) ( RPG.zh Thread ) | Zelda 3 Thief's Town Treasure Chest Minigame (ffc) | Bobomb (enemy)
    ZScript & ZC-Related Pastebin | Quests and ZScript Repository | ZC Dev & Betas | Latest ZC 2.54 Beta | YouTube Channel
    All of the code that I create and publish here is free for use, modification and distribution under the GPL v2.0, or v3.0 where applicable..

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.46%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    103.7%
    Monthly Activity
    32.14%
    Regarding the version strings: my understanding is that Zoria merged in some changes from before the github repository was established and this is the cause of the reversible.

Zoria, I assume that everything on your end is now configured so that your local copy is kept constantly in sync, and you can easily send small and frequent pull requests (including a fix for the issues Saffith identified)?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.46%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    103.7%
    Monthly Activity
    32.14%
    Is there an update on this? Zoria, if you think some unintended changes snuck into the last patch, I can roll it back, and we can merge in one change at a time, carefully reviewing each one.

Thread Information