User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rupee Bug Submitted from Facebook

  1. #1
    Administrator War Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,975
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Not A Bug Rupee Bug Submitted from Facebook

    This came through the Facebook page, but it sounds like Link's current rupees aren't updated before the code that drops down to the current amount, so his current amount equals whatever the count down is at.
    Could just be custom quests, he was playing Nightmare's new one. The code for that doesn't differ though I'd imagine.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,403
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This was fixed and left in as a compatibility rule, I believe.

  3. #3
    Administrator DarkDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    6,077
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. The original NES game had this behavior, so there is quest rule for it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nightmare intentionally used the quest rule, given his penchant for quests that stick as closely to the NES feel as possible.

  4. #4
    Mad, Mad, Author ZoriaRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prydon Academy
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Confirmed: This is not a bug.

    I flagged the thread appropriately... Whether @Nightmare intentionally did this, is something I can't speak to, but other quests also intentionally use this rule. @War Lord : Yu may want to reply on Facebook and let the player know.


    Script Headers: RPG.zh ( v. a0.97.1 ) ( RPG.zh Thread ) | stdArguments.zh (v.6.9.9/1) | | Timers.zh (v.1.5)
    ZScript | ZC Dev | ZC 2.53 | Alucard's: stdCombos.zh (v1.1) | stdWeapons.zh | particles.z
    All of the code that I create and publish here is free for use, modification and distribution under the GPL v2.0.

  5. #5
    Administrator War Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,975
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

  6. #6
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,403
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
    Yes. The original NES game had this behavior, so there is quest rule for it. It wouldn't surprise me if Nightmare intentionally used the quest rule, given his penchant for quests that stick as closely to the NES feel as possible.
    Has this been confirmed in the real game? I thought there wasn't enough time to make use of it in game even if it was possible.

  7. #7
    Wizrobe Nightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,324
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
    This came through the Facebook page, but it sounds like Link's current rupees aren't updated before the code that drops down to the current amount, so his current amount equals whatever the count down is at.
    Could just be custom quests, he was playing Nightmare's new one. The code for that doesn't differ though I'd imagine.

    I believe you can do that with the NES, best way to try is to buy the Blue Ring for 250, then try to buy bombs south of the ring shop (1st Quest). If you can do that then I think it's accurate.

    I'll do that after I stop messing with NGT NG3 SNES.

    -James

    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

    Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: New Quest 2013, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015
    In development: Demo SP
    Pending: James Quest 2, New Quest "3" (working title)

  8. #8
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,403
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I remember some people trying to do it with an emulator but actually getting back to buy something else in time was the issue.

  9. #9
    Mad, Mad, Author ZoriaRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Prydon Academy
    Posts
    702
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I remember some people trying to do it with an emulator but actually getting back to buy something else in time was the issue.
    It's only possible with the blue ring. If you buy that, you barely have enough time to buy something else in a shop. The armos is the real obstacle.

    I'll check if you want.


    Script Headers: RPG.zh ( v. a0.97.1 ) ( RPG.zh Thread ) | stdArguments.zh (v.6.9.9/1) | | Timers.zh (v.1.5)
    ZScript | ZC Dev | ZC 2.53 | Alucard's: stdCombos.zh (v1.1) | stdWeapons.zh | particles.z
    All of the code that I create and publish here is free for use, modification and distribution under the GPL v2.0.

  10. #10
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,403
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    It's only possible with the blue ring. If you buy that, you barely have enough time to buy something else in a shop. The armos is the real obstacle.

    I'll check if you want.
    Well, I believe, they were trying it with the blue ring in the second quest. I think the blue ring shop in the second quest doesn't have an Armos, but it's been so long I really can't remember. Its really irrelevant besides my own personally curiosity.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Armageddon Games is a game development group founded in 1997. We are extremely passionate about our work and our inspirations are mostly drawn from games of the 8-bit and 16-bit era.
Social