User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Round 2...

  1. #1
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,073
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.94%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    23.73%
    Monthly Activity
    26.28%

    Round 2...

    ...Fight!

    So... I've had little free time these last few months so progress has been slow to say the least, but now it's time to move on to the next round of *stuff*.
    A quick look back at what there is reveals a whole lot of, in no particular order: scripting api, resources, file handling, data types, management classes, game states, graphics, rendering, debugging, half-finished ideas, and lots of half-implemented crap; plus everything else I didn't mention. Making an rpg is already hard enough as is!

    Anyway, we're moving on to more entity based code now (thank God) - things like camera, map screens, player, battle entities, etc. so it should be more fun and motivating to work on now that all the dreary detail stuff is workable! ...Still putting off the UI though ... :\


    On a similar note; got tilemap related saving/loading/rendering working,..yet again.. This time we have unlimited wraparound and no crashing when drawing off the edges of maps - always a plus.
    .
    Normal (left), Tinted nighttime(right)
    (I don't miss the palettes at all)
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  2. #2
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,430
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,289
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.58%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    78.64%
    Monthly Activity
    32.41%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    .
    Normal (left), Tinted nighttime(right)
    (I don't miss the palettes at all)
    It's beautiful! Just beautiful!

  3. #3
    Cor Blimey! CJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fading into the darkness
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,398
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,360
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.96%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.14%
    Monthly Activity
    0.78%
    Smooth and awesome.


    One question... is the night tint an overlay or just a different palette?

  4. #4
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,073
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.94%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    23.73%
    Monthly Activity
    26.28%
    Nope, no overlays or palettes.
    It's just a simple color attribute every layer has. That is literally "layer->color = color(20, 90, 160, 255); ( forgot the exact color)" There's also layer blending and shaders (this is going to be awesome) - though we are in desperate need of some map editing tools before we can even break the surface of those.

    Got a camera and mapscreen class rockin. Next up is to get a Player rolling and see if we can walk around town. :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  5. #5
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,430
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,289
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.58%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    78.64%
    Monthly Activity
    32.41%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Nope, no overlays or palettes.
    It's just a simple color attribute every layer has. That is literally "layer->color = color(20, 90, 160, 255); ( forgot the exact color)" There's also layer blending and shaders (this is going to be awesome) - though we are in desperate need of some map editing tools before we can even break the surface of those.

    Got a camera and mapscreen class rockin. Next up is to get a Player rolling and see if we can walk around town. :)
    This is the beautiful thing, no palettes!

  6. #6
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,073
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.94%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    23.73%
    Monthly Activity
    26.28%
    I got a shitload of stuff done today! Woo! :)


    Also, if anyone knows whether or not all maps in FF wrap-around let me know. Right now it looks like a yes (from sky castle and overworld maps) and instead of a repeating pattern maps are simply "large enough" so you can't ever see the other side from one edge. At least it looks like that based off where you can walk. Most the maps suggest 1024x1024 (64x64 tiles) I think, but then there's Waterfall Cave and Gurgu Volcano where I'm not so sure. hmm...
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  7. #7
    Developer ZC Developer
    Gleeok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,589
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    12,073
    Level
    32
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.94%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    23.73%
    Monthly Activity
    26.28%
    And now I give you *drumroll please* ... The most complicated way, ever, to get sprites on a screen!!!! (If you don't know what I'm talking about then you probably haven't tried to rewrite rpg maker....yeah)


    Someone write a caption for it because I'm just too tired right now..


    Oh yeah, we has battle engine with scripts now. How ever many combat guys that are on the screen is how many scripts are running (I didn't count).

    Fun thing #1: You can have any combination of monsters/ monster troops stacked together in any combination when a battle is created. The above is just 4 battles added at once. (I also added 32 party members to my party)
    Who smokes a lot of crack? That's right, I smoke a lot of crack.



    Also still on the table:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Also, if anyone knows whether or not all maps in FF wrap-around let me know. Right now it looks like a yes (from sky castle and overworld maps) and instead of a repeating pattern maps are simply "large enough" so you can't ever see the other side from one edge. At least it looks like that based off where you can walk. Most the maps suggest 1024x1024 (64x64 tiles) I think, but then there's Waterfall Cave and Gurgu Volcano where I'm not so sure. hmm...
    This post contains the official Gleeok™ seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

  8. #8

    Armageddon Task Manager

    ctrl-alt-delete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,270
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    9,812
    Level
    29
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    58.33%
    Daily Activity
    27.47%
    Weekly Activity
    439.5%
    Monthly Activity
    131.45%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    And now I give you *drumroll please* ... The most complicated way, ever, to get sprites on a screen!!!! (If you don't know what I'm talking about then you probably haven't tried to rewrite rpg maker....yeah)


    Someone write a caption for it because I'm just too tired right now..


    Oh yeah, we has battle engine with scripts now. How ever many combat guys that are on the screen is how many scripts are running (I didn't count).

    Fun thing #1: You can have any combination of monsters/ monster troops stacked together in any combination when a battle is created. The above is just 4 battles added at once. (I also added 32 party members to my party)
    Who smokes a lot of crack? That's right, I smoke a lot of crack.



    Also still on the table:
    Wow. This is going to be huge. Awesome image.


    <SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

  9. #9
    ZC Ambassador Tamamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kyoto
    Age
    27
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    4,767
    Level
    21
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.18%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    10.98%
    Monthly Activity
    25.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Also, if anyone knows whether or not all maps in FF wrap-around let me know. Right now it looks like a yes (from sky castle and overworld maps) and instead of a repeating pattern maps are simply "large enough" so you can't ever see the other side from one edge. At least it looks like that based off where you can walk. Most the maps suggest 1024x1024 (64x64 tiles) I think, but then there's Waterfall Cave and Gurgu Volcano where I'm not so sure. hmm...
    Shouldn't that be an optional thing though rather then forced for every map.

  10. #10
    Cor Blimey! CJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fading into the darkness
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,398
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,360
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.96%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.14%
    Monthly Activity
    0.78%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Also, if anyone knows whether or not all maps in FF wrap-around let me know. Right now it looks like a yes (from sky castle and overworld maps) and instead of a repeating pattern maps are simply "large enough" so you can't ever see the other side from one edge. At least it looks like that based off where you can walk. Most the maps suggest 1024x1024 (64x64 tiles) I think, but then there's Waterfall Cave and Gurgu Volcano where I'm not so sure. hmm...
    As far as I am aware, you are correct on this one. I seem to recall someone glitching the game to get behind the walls of the Waterfall Cavern, and thereby being able to wrap around the map. It is also very apparent in the Sunken Shrine. Since the dungeons are all probably built in the same way, the Volcano must have enough 'dead wall' space to avoid spotting the wrap-around.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Armageddon Games is a game development group founded in 1997. We are extremely passionate about our work and our inspirations are mostly drawn from games of the 8-bit and 16-bit era.
Social